Ch 32: Sorry

~Adrian~

There were mountains and beautiful plains and then the sound of drums echoed through the sophisticated aircraft; it all disappeared. It was as if a curtain with a beautiful image had lifted and revealed a vast and colorful city.

I glued my face to the window as the city appeared before my eyes.

"Unbelievable."

"Better than anything you have seen before huh?"

Asked Nakia. She must have been smiling because I could hear the proudness in her voice.

"It is. I had seen pictures but this is out of this world!"

We got to an enormous building. Warriors stood left and right, their eyes following my every move.

I couldn't move my arms and my legs were held by chains, making it difficult to walk.

"Where are we going?"

"To see the king."

"King? I... I only have to see Shuri, and Namor if possible."

"If you don't want to die by Namor's hand, you better see the king first."

The floor was made of glass and the windows were at least two floors high. Warriors kept their spears by their sides, all eyes on me. Nakia forced me to kneel and pushed my head down against the floor. She said I couldn't look at the king in the eyes.

"Another of Shuri's toys?"

Asked a woman coming from my right. I sighed, hoping to be able to explain myself before they decide to chop my head off.

"He is not mine."

Nakia moved elsewhere. Her feet were quiet and careful and she proceeded to explain why I had visited Wakanda. Her speech drove the audience to a long and dragged silence till the king broke it.

"May Hanuman help us all. Okay... okay. The princess went crazy, got it, but we can't do anything if the fishman isn't anywhere to be found. Does anyone know where K'uk'ulkan is?"

Do they not know where he is?

The meeting with the king and the elders had ended and Nakia walked me elsewhere as she had finally taken my handcuffs off.

"What proceeds now?"

"Shuri is almost done with the habits."

"Habits?"

"Suits capable of withstanding great water pressure. We are getting down there as soon as we find Namor."

We walked into what seemed to be a laboratory. The technology was outstanding, like a science fiction movie.

Princess Shuri arrived shortly after. Her monotonous expression which she held throughout the meeting had vanished. Her eyebrows were furrowed and her fists curled tightly as she glared at me intensely.

I looked at Nakia, hoping to get an answer as to why the princess had that look on her face.

"He will help us with Adria."

Nakia insisted, but Shuri ignored her words and grabbed me by my shirt, lifting me in the air with great force. As expected from the Black Panther.

"He will be an ally! We need him."

"I do not trust this man. He and his father caused this mess! Adrian, if she causes a genocide it will be blood on your hands."

Shuri snapped at both of us.