Ch 26: Aquarium

~M'Baku~

I would sell my soul to all the Gods on Earth to be able to punch the pheeshman in his gut. K'uk'kulkan my foot! He's no feathered serpent god but a man who steals women left and right. He wasn't satisfied with Shuri, but also seduced Adria? I do not know what has gotten into women these days; they seem to fall for prehistoric men.

Shuri walked into my office, placing a bead on my desk.

"What is this?"

"Our war dog sent a message."

An image popped up; a video, but it was no common image as we tend to see on her many hologram creations. This was an old recording, probably from an ancient technological device.

Is it recording? Yes? Okay. We tracked two suspects, one of them, a black man, carried a necklace made of vibranium and the other seemed to be his helper, a white man. They recently purchased VIP tickets to a gala fest that will take place in L.A. We... we have no idea where we are. We are stuck in a container. They spotted us and their people dragged us here. I don't know if the message will reach you, but please proceed with caution; they took our kimoyo beads and every means of communication we carried, including our hidden communicators and trackers. Whoever is behind them, must know great details about our technology.

"We have to intervene."

Shuri advised, walking left and right, making me dizzy. I knew we had a spy problem going on, but what shook me to the core was the fact that it couldn't be an outsider, but someone from within. Our system ran a thorough background check on every single staff member in the Citadel, but nothing out of the ordinary popped up.

"These are the war dogs we sent to track the stolen vibranium?"

"Yes, and the gala fest is tomorrow. I have to get there before—"

"Hold your paws. We cannot just set foot back into America. The situation has gotten worse."

She smiled like a kid. I knew that playful grin; she only did it whenever she discovered something new or was making fun of someone.

"Who said the American government will find out?"

Shuri had a plan up her sleeve to retrieve the war dogs and also find the vibranium dealers. Her plan was risky, but nevertheless, it could work.

"I will need Adria and Namor's help for this. I hope he can postpone his visit with B'alam to Talokan."

Shuri was smart, very smart, but to think she wants to take the fishman AND Adria on the same mission? Not so smart.

"Why does the Fishman have to go? If you ask me I could."

"With all due respect, I believe Namor flies, breathes underwater and is a million times stronger than a human."

"You don't have to make a long list. I get it. Sheesh."

She leaned forwards, both hands planted on the desk while she squinted her eyes at me and then a smile peeled from her teeth.

"You like my sister."

"And what if I do? Will you interfere?"

The Panther shook her head and scoffed.

"Good luck with that."

"What. Why? You think I can't win her heart?"

"I said nothing. Listen, I have to find Namor before he leaves; gotta go."

"Hey. Hey!"

Shuri walked out of my office, giggling and everything. Hanuman! Why do I have to deal with these people?