Ch 2: Nervous

~Namor~

I am a king who has lived for almost half a millennium; no war or strife frightens me, much less an invitation to the princess' birthday party.

"K'uk'ulkan, calm down."

Namora said, interfering with my inner monologue, my talk.

"I am calm."

She looked through my clothing options and selected the white cape with a golden finish.

"You're pacing back and forth. Wear white. Makes you look secure."

My servants fixed my attire once again. They gave each other a look as if it was my fault they had to change my clothes for the ninth time.

"Do I look presentable?"

"If you wipe that blobfish look off your face, you might actually look like a king."

Namora said, giving me a teasing look of approval.

A rock has a brighter personality than that child, but somehow she ended up pulling these jokes.

I walked to the edge of the pool and glanced at my mural of the panther. We had never met for any other reason than political arrangements or... to fight each other till death. I, invited to a party? That was certainly a surprise.

The princess had arranged ways for my people and I to enter their kingdom without us being exposed to the rest of their population. No one except royal officials, the council, and those close to the king knew of my existence, and I planned on keeping it that way for as long as I could.

Wakanda has always amazed me with its structures and technological advancements. Their culture, mannerisms, and ways of speaking were things I hadn't grown accustomed to yet. They were a nation that had set its roots for generations and had managed to prosper; their nation inspired me to keep pushing Talokan despite our rough start.

I walked up the steps of the palace and was greeted by stares that felt like daggers. There were lots of familiar faces. One of them couldn't be forgotten as she was Attuma's girlfriend, or at least that's what Namora called her.

"General."

"King."

She slightly bowed her head before raising her eyebrow at me, perplexed at my arrival.

"What brings you here?"

"An invitation."

"From our Shuri?"

She seemed surprised that the princess would dare to invite me, so I proudly waved the invitation in front of her. Okoye snatched it as if it was a sham; it was even waterproof.

"General. It's real."

"I know, I have eyes. I'm just wondering if the princess went nuts."

Someone placed their arm around my neck and tried to wobble me from side to side. There was only one person on land who would dare to put their hands on me like that and it was none other than the king.

"So."

He started, squeezing tighter as if he wanted to strangle me. I smiled back at him; we looked like such good 'best friends.'

"So?"

"What brings you here, Fish man?"

I freed myself from his hold and pointed at my invitation in the general's hands.

"Ah. I see. Shuri finally went crazy."

"What about you? Where's your invitation?"

"Ha? I'm the king. I can come and go as I please."