Ch 6: Lust

~Shuri~

It felt like my head would explode from that throbbing headache I had. My neck felt stiff and I was sick to my stomach.

"Fuck!"

I yelled against my hands once in my room. I shouldn't have said those things to her. Regret was consuming every inch of me. Just why did I have to treat her like that? She didn't deserve it.

There were lots of excuses I could use, but the truth is, I hadn't been a good older sister. How else could I protect her from the elders? From the council?

Large quantities of vibranium had recently been stolen. Our security is impenetrable, which meant that someone from the inside brought outsiders and took our resources. T'Challa had worked on a program to let young scientists study at Wakanda and help us improve our technology. I followed his steps and expanded our horizons. I thought people's mindsets towards outsiders would change and treat Adria with dignity, but with recent events, things had changed for the worse. As if that wasn't enough, a giant monster had appeared out of nowhere. It all pointed toward a terrorist attack in hopes to weaken our security.

I hoped Adria could see beyond people's ignorance. The council had treated her harshly and that's something I couldn't deny. We all knew the hardships she would face upon setting foot in Wakanda, which is why mom had decided to wait a bit longer before bringing her to us.

Adria couldn't see that mom chose her because her heart represented what we stood for; no difference between each other would make her anything else than my little sister. I would make sure that no one dares to separate us, even if it meant she had to feel lonely sometimes.

I didn't mean what I said before and wanted to apologize, but Adria had walked off to her room, and I didn't want to disturb her. My apologies would have to wait until she felt better.

I relaxed on my bed and made my suit retract into nothing but a tiny dot on my chest. That was a new modification that I loved but disliked how tight my undergarments had to be for it.

A noise snapped me out of my comfort. I was on my feet in a second and looked around. The sound came from the balcony.

"Who is out there?"

I asked, ready to throw hands. Nala liked to play pranks on me whenever Adria wasn't there to play with. By now she should have known I'm the worst person to prank on.

"Nala. If that's you, then stop."

A large shadow walked inside my room. I was sleep deprived, hungry, and stressed. Anything could make me snap but before I could see who it was, a soft voice spoke through the darkness of my room.

"Princess, it's me. Namor."

For the first time in a while, I was happy to see him, but then the realization hit me like a train. Why was he here? At this time? Wasn't Okoye supposed to escort him out?

"Don't scare me like that."

"My apologies. It's just that by mistake I overheard your conversation with your sister."

Great. He heard me treat her like crap.

"Did you listen to everything?"

"No. I just heard when she said growing up doesn't mean growing apart. That I agree with."

"Okay then. What do you want?"

"Just want to make sure you're okay."

Adria was the one hurting, not me. I was fine... or was I really okay? Probably not, but I didn't have the time to sulk and talk about my problems with anyone, and much less with Namor. He was the last person on earth I would talk about my issues with.