Ch 15: Swim

~Adria~

Going on with life without knowing who my biological family was wasn't that big of a deal, but it seemed like it was always on the back of my mind. Was I Adrian's sister or not? My mind was being played with uncertainty by the lack of knowledge of my roots.

"Don't believe any of his nonsense Adria."

Okoye said, ready to strike at any given moment.

"Our mother was from a hidden world. Her skin was blue like the sky and she was strong and proud. She was a warrior and swore allegiance to her country in the shadows, but fell in love with a human and left it all behind. Adriana, you know the truth; try hard and remember."

I listened, and without noticing I had already let my guard down.

"Nonsense!"

Okoye snapped and plunged her spear at that man and he dodged it in midair. The motors on his feet resembled little wings like mine and moved incredibly fast. He grabbed Okoye by her arm, hoping to get some distance from the ground and drop her like an eagle, but she kicked back, causing her to stumble and hit her hip against a rock. He flew towards her and grabbed her by her neck and lifted her in the air. Okoye managed to connect a few punches. I couldn't reach them no matter how much I tried. My wings wouldn't listen to me and I didn't know how to use them at all.

"Adria... run."

Okoye managed to say, but I couldn't leave her behind. Adrian made a sound so low it made my ears hurt. It was like a low vibration of some sort. I looked up and saw Okoye with eyes wide and lost in some sort of trance.

"Okoye! Wake up!"

I exclaimed, worried that she might have fallen into hypnosis. Now there was no doubt he was the cause of my sleepwalking from before. Certain vibrations could make people succumb to a deep sleep or trance of some sort; what a scary ability.

Adrian furrowed his brows as he stared into her eyes. It was as if he was looking into her mind.

"Who is that child?"

He asked under his breath. I grabbed a rock and threw it at him. Thankfully my strength didn't disappoint. Adrian collapsed along with Okoye. I took her away and ran at full speed away from him so I could call my sister.

"Shuri! Come home! He's here!"

I exclaimed, and she immediately responded. I didn't know where to run to and was afraid he would come back for us.

~Namor~

Monsters plagued the sea. Creatures that humanity had never seen were swimming in every corner of the waters; creatures that could barely keep on living.

Animal abuse was something land dwellers frowned upon. Finally! Some common sense! I thought, but the fight wasn't over. What people were doing to those monsters was beyond animal abuse. It was cruel, gruesome, and painful to watch. Whales morphed with God knows what kind of animals caused the bones on their jaws to not work properly. They seemed like they were starving. On others, their gills weren't big enough and causing them to asphyxiate.

Attuma was just as disgusted as I was at the sight of these beings who didn't know how to cope with their existence. I felt pity.

I told the princess not to shoot. These animals, blind, would most likely attack at once at the hearing of a foreign sound.

Attuma and I checked the area but we couldn't see that man anywhere. Just when I was about to call Shuri again, the tail of one of them hit my arm. The beads were destroyed.