Chapter 35 Perception

There should be quite a few villages in the mountains, and most of the fugitives who left from Dengfeng, Zhengzhou and other places hid in the mountains. Lai Jie's judgment was very accurate. Along the way, they found several signal towers along the Shaoshi Mountains, all of which were hung with white cloth.

It was getting dark, Lai Jie compared the map plan and prepared to start the search and rescue the next day.

At dusk that day, they parked outside a small village in the middle of the mountain. There were less than ten private houses here. Meng Feng got out of the car with a machine gun and cleared out the zombies. Most of them ran to the mountains, and dozens of them wandered among the fields.

Liu Yan walked to a well, picked up a bucket of water, and tested the water source with reagents-it was safe.

He started to wash things expressionlessly, and after a while, he suddenly turned around and found a small zombie.

It was a child with a rotten head and a skull. It stood behind the railing and looked at Liu Yan, neither pounced on nor howled.

Liu Yan narrowed his eyes vigilantly, took out his pistol and the little zombie took a step back.

"God..." Liu Yan couldn't help feeling his scalp numb, and murmured, "It has intelligence? What the hell is it?"

Bang bang bang! the head of the little zombie exploded into pieces and flew out horizontally. Liu Yan raised his eyes, he saw Meng Feng holding a gun not far away.

"Do you still want to hug it?" Meng Feng said: "Next time you see a zombie, remember to call me out immediately."

Liu Yan didn't say anything, Meng Feng said again: "It is said that several troops were wiped out like this. I have to warn you, do you know?"

Liu Yan said: "Got it, come and help me wash my clothes."

Meng Feng came over with a face full of displeasure, but refused to pick up Liu Yan's bucket, and said coldly: "We have already broken up, you said it yourself. Why should I help you wash your clothes, or your underwear?"

Liu Yan: "You said it yourself! You said it yourself outside Yongwang Town, don't have selective amnesia."

Liu Yan hastily wash the clothes and twists them, his mind is still full of the little zombie's movements. They are intelligent and can already judge the enemy, so they won't rush towards them blindly.

So what is the reason why they don't rush forward blindly? Liu Yan couldn't help wondering, the zombies are already dead, so are they still afraid of death? What does the awareness of fear of a second death represent? They already evolved to have a survival instinct? Is this the dead or the living?

Meng Feng scanned the whole village and gathered few supplies. They built a fire outside the village and started to eat dinner.

A few cans, a pile of biscuits, and the cans were eaten.

Liu Yan arrived in Dengfeng at ten o'clock in the morning. After visiting the city center, he watched the nuclear bomb explode. Then he took a car into the mountains to enjoy the scenery. The lunch in the car was biscuits and canned food. Liu Yan thought it was just a casual meal for the time being.

However, it was still a biscuits and can foods at night, so Liu Yan was a little speechless. If he didn't say anything, probably tomorrow morning, noon, night, the day after tomorrow morning, noon... Were all the same food.

Liu Yan was halfway through eating, and went to open the door of another car, only to find that it was full of canned braised pork and compressed biscuits.