Chapter 33 Return

The office is covered with a dark red carpet, and the bookshelves on all four walls are filled with small arms models and medals, commemorative plates, and the nearly two-meter-long circular desk is surrounded by bright glass walls.

    Schools of fish drift past behind the glass wall, and sunlight casts down from the rippling sea with dazzling patterns, forming a natural and magnificent spectacle.

    There is a photo frame on the table, and in the photo frame is a group photo of Meng Jianguo, Meng Feng and Meng Feng's mother when he was a child. Xiao Mengfeng had a look of bitterness and hatred on his face, obviously very unhappy.

    Liu Yan sat down and looked at Meng Jianguo behind the desk.

    He resembled Meng Feng very much, the two father and son were printed in the same mold, with exactly the same eyebrows, the same nose bridge, the same resolute lip line and facial contours.

    There is only one difference: Meng Feng's eyes have inherited his mother who ran away from home, with a touch of tenderness, while Meng Jianguo's eyes have the sharp look of a falcon.

    If it weren't for the difference in their eyes, Liu Yan would almost have thought that Meng Feng was cloned from Meng Jianguo's cells.

    At this moment, this man in his forties felt like he was facing a mature and steady Meng Feng. Although he is nearly fifty years old, he does not look old at all. Meng Feng's resolute and handsome demeanor is faintly reflected in his father's bones.

    Meng Jianguo.

    Liu Yan heard from time to time that he was only a lieutenant colonel in the past, and Meng Feng was not up to the protection level of the second generation of the army. Meng Feng's grandmother also had a very unpleasant quarrel with this son, and even moved out of the military compound to live in a civilian residential area.

    Sometimes Liu Yan even doubted whether Meng Feng was the illegitimate son of Meng Jianguo. He had met Meng Jianguo several times, and there was no doubt that Meng Jianguo knew him too.

    Now facing a man who looks very similar to Meng Feng, suddenly he couldn't speak out the manuscript he had typed up earlier.

    "You only have three minutes." Wearing a neat military uniform, Meng Jianguo leaned over and pressed a timer on the table.

    The tick-tock-tick second hand begins to move.

    Liu Yan: "Is Major General Meng talking with your family in this limited time?"

    Meng Jianguo said coldly, "You don't think that wearing a diamond ring makes you really my son-in-law."

    "Of course not. "Liu Yan said: "If you want, I can take it off and give it to you now. How useful is a ring?"

    "You came to tell me this?" Meng Jianguo said, "Two minutes and thirty seconds."

    Liu Yan said: "What were you doing when we were fleeing from the zombie wave?"

    Meng Jianguo: "I'm protecting you."

    Liu Yan: "Your protection obviously didn't work, we almost died."

    Meng Jianguo: "I protect not only the two of you, if I abandon the country and the people and go to my son in that situation, I am a sinner, two minutes and fifteen seconds."

Liu Yan: "Now you have separated us, he's on the front line, no mechanics, thousands of people waiting for him to save. He is going deep into the most infected area, but only three vehicles, four team members, Lai Jie doesn't even know how to use most of the equipment, please send me to help them."