Chapter 5 Outbreak

S City University City.

    The police blocked most of the roads, and the students in the university town were evacuating in batches under the protection of the military. There are six universities here, divided into two parks, east and west. It is the campus area with the largest area and the most famous schools in South China.

    From north to south, the bus of the School of Political Science and Law had already left, and passed Liu Yan's car. Liu Yan glanced out, and the students on the school bus were playing around, as excited as they were about to go out for an autumn outing.

    Outside the joint university area of ​​the three schools, an armed policeman stopped Liu Yan's car.

    Liu Yan showed his student ID, while Meng Feng, who was driving, kept silent and asked Liu Yan to negotiate.

    Liu Yan asked: "What's the situation now?"

    The armed policeman replied: "A rabies outbreak, are there any injuries on your body, little student? If you are injured, go for an examination immediately and get vaccinated." He pointed to the distance, where there are several sterile tents.

    Liu Yan replied: "No, we just came from home. There are retreating here? Where are we retreating?"

    The armed police said: "The healthy people are temporarily isolated, and the South China Military Region Garrison is 200 kilometers away from here. Go back and find your dean. The instructor and the hospital will make arrangements for you, and you must take the unified disinfection bus. What about you? Take out your student ID card and have a look."

    Meng Feng turned sideways and asked, "Can we go by ourselves?"

    The armed police waved their hands and put on their white gloves. Stained with a trace of purple-black blood, he looked at Meng Feng, waiting for him to show his student ID.

    "This is my cousin." Liu Yan said, "He was afraid that I would be unsafe, so he sent me to school."

    Meng Feng took out his discharge card, and the armed police saw that he was a veteran, so they stopped interrogating him and raised his hand to let him go.

    Liu Yan turned on the radio broadcast: "The summer rabies virus broke out intensively. The relevant departments called on all localities to do a good job in response. Some hard-hit areas need to temporarily isolate people..."

    Meng Feng said: "It's not rabies at all. They're talking nonsense with my eyes open."

    Liu Yan: "It has already started. The isolation of healthy people is much more serious than that of SARS."

    Meng Feng: "SARS was also said to be very serious that year, but a lot of illnesses were concealed..."

    Broadcast: "The people of the whole country are united, the leaders of the central government..."

    Liu Yan burst out laughing.

    Broadcast: "...to visit the patients in city S, the hardest-hit area..."

    Liu Yan murmured, "The leader is going to the hardest-hit area?"

    Meng Feng didn't speak. The students were walking on the road, completely unaware that the Z city hundreds of miles away had become a hell on earth ravaged by zombies.

    Meng Feng stopped the car.

    "I don't think it's reliable." Meng Feng said: "According to what I said, we should go by ourselves and go to the South China Military Region to have a look."