how you meet

it's the classic movie scene. scurrying along the busy streets, passing strangers. the coffee shop is just around the corner. inviting. you walk in. the bells are clanging, meaning someone has entered. a few people stop and stare. but return to their conversations. you order the usual. then wait. the barista calls your name. you thank him and take your drink with you. it's a dodging people kinda game, that you accidentally bump into someone. almost spilling your drink. you apologise profusely. 'no it's entirely my fault. i wasn't looking were i was going'. it's a sweet, humble voice that startles you. finally your eyes cross path with his. soft emerald. he dips his head down. eyes level with yours. a smile appears on his face. hands sticking into his pockets. your hair is in messy bun. a Fleetwood Mac tee and basic jeans. a scruffy, old book in your hand. he's seen what he has been looking for his whole life. his soulmate. his one. you blush under his gaze. cheeks roseate. 'again.. i'm sorry'. he brushes it off. other accidental bumps turn into friendly conversations. then your saying yes to your first date. there's not much to it. almost spilling coffee. casual conversations. fate is what you would call it. he would too. found you at the right place at the right time. and that's how you met.