I praise you, love

The coffee shop bell jingles as a tall man walks through. Beige cardigan, farmers hat and basic jeans. He smiles in my direction, walking to the counter.

'I'll have a black americano please' he orders.

I can't help but notice how handsome he is. Loose curls falling from the front. Well mannered. He pays for his drink and sits down at the corner. I look back in his direction, watching my son Bowie play quietly with his toys. Trains, trucks, sport cars.

The man pulls out his book to read, taking a few sips of his coffee. It's a quiet afternoon on a Sunday. A few people coming and going.

After a few minutes Bowie begins to run around the cafe, holding his aeroplane in the air.

'Look mummy' he giggles.

I gasp, walking to my son. He runs towards me, wrapping his hands around my waist for a hug.

'Sweetie, quiet down' I scold him.

He looks up at me, tears in his eyes. I panic, looking around to make sure no one is looking before softly cooing at him.

'Sorry baby, don't cry. Shh, don't cry' I try to calm him down.

'Where's daddy?' He asks through tears.

I feel the lump in my throat. Tears stinging in my eyes. How do I tell a kid that his father left him when I found out I was pregnant. How do I truthfully tell him this in the middle of work. Luckily there wasn't anyone waiting for their orders.

'I- urmm, daddy left when I was pregnant with you' I simply tell him.

'When is he coming back?' He asks.

That stings the most and I sit us down. My hands are sweaty. My breathing are heavy. The handsome man looks in our direction but I'm too caught up to even notice. I explain to him the story, holding him close to my chest as he lets out shaky tears.

'You are the best thing that has ever happened to me' I assure him, peppering kisses all over his face.

He lets out a giggle, wrapping his arms around my neck and kissing my cheeks.

'I love you mummy' he whispers.

'I love you too, precious' I smile.

The man couldn't help but swoon. Falling for you even more so. Ever since he stumbled upon this cafe, he's had some crush on you, blushing as he sees you.

'I'll make us some hot coco' I suggest and Bowie nods his head in excitement.

Walking back to make our drinks, the man walks up to me.

'I didn't mean to eavesdrop but I must say... I praise you, love for all that you have done. It must be hard raising a kid all on your own' he compliments.

There's a spark between us and he can sense it. I can too. Before I know it I'm pushed forward slightly. Lips almost caressing his. I turn to see Bowie, giggling. Hands behind his back as he looks up at me innocently.

'Sorry about that. Bowie what's gotten into you?' I ask.

'It's fine' the man smiles, showing of his cute dimples.

The man decided to stay a while, playing with Bowie until my shift is over.

'That's a cool car' the man exclaims.

Bowie simply nods his head, giggling.

'Alright buddy, time to go home' I hold my hand out for him. He takes his toys, waving a goodbye to the man and skipping along to hold my hand.

'Thank you...'

'Harry'

'Thank you Harry'