Lan Zhan is left alone, but he's feeling happy and this allows himself to reflect on that magical time inside the shelter they just came out from, in more than one way.

He never thought that he could feel that way, to be able to let go of all inhibition, everything that was holding him back. That he could have that with someone else.

No, not with someone else.

Only with Wei Ying.

Of this, he was certain that he would never ever feel this depth of devotion and love, and-

A rustling noise catches his attention, breaking the chain of euphoric thoughts in his mind.

Lan Zhan is quite alone now, and the noise is coming from lower on the ground, a little farther away from where he is standing. Thinking it might be a remnant from the fierce corpses, Lan Zhan approaches cautiously, slowly, knowing the value of a surprise attack.

The shuffling only increases, and Lan Zhan has to creep slowly forward, getting closer to whatever is making that sound.

It's very close to the ground, and Lan Zhan is mystified at what it could be.

He crouches down and waits, because it seems to be coming closer, all by itself.

The short dry grasses part, and Lan Zhan cannot believe his eyes.

It's a black rabbit.

This bunny doesn't even startle at his presence, it just gives him an entitled glance before it hops over to him. Lan Zhan holds his fingers down so the bunny can smell his scent, hoping that he'll be accepted by this wonderful creature. The depth of trust in those velvet eyes seems like an honour.

His heart feels so full.

He sits cross-legged, so both of them are more comfortable, and the bunny nuzzles into his palm, wanting to be picked up.

Lan Zhan really cannot believe this!

This furry little friend trusts him!

It's such a wondrous moment, and Lan Zhan wants to share this with his beloved. He can't wait for Wei Ying to come and find him.

And just when he thinks that this day just can't get any better, the bunny in his lap now (because that's where all bunnies belong), lets out a tiny chirruping squeak. Three of them.

And then Lan Zhan holds his breath in awe, because all the dry grasses in front of him start moving, and suddenly he's surrounded by at least twenty black bunnies, all with the softest fur and sweetest of natures.

Lan Zhan is in Heaven...

                                            *********************************

"Lan Zhan! What are you-"

The shout jolts him out of the blissful place his mind had retreated into, and Lan Zhan turns his head sharply, shushing Wei Ying quickly.

Luckily, Wei Ying is smarter than most, and he shuts up immediately, coming closer at a slower pace.

But it's worth it to see his face when he realizes that Lan Zhan has about six baby bunnies softly snoring in his lap, and others peacefully grazing around his knees. They had jerked at the loud noise, and Lan Zhan had even noticed a few baring their tiny teeth in adorable growls, but once they saw it was Wei Ying, they calmed down.

Right now, twenty pairs of black eyes watch him cautiously, as he comes to sit by Lan Zhan as quietly as he can.

"Wow..." Wei Ying's face is so shocked, but in the best way. His silver eyes are gentle like the softest clouds drifting away on a summer's day. "How did you find them?" He whispers, looking back at Lan Zhan like he's holding the moon in his hands.