Escape Plan

Wei Ying POV

"Mmmm. I love waking up like this." Wei Ying purred.

Lan Zhan's lips tenderly touched every part of Wei Ying's face. Soft, lingering kisses were strung across his soft skin from ear to ear, forehead to chin. Penetrating warmth from his jade's quiet worship spread throughout his still tired body. Lan Zhan's body was lying on top of him, their lower extremities pressed dangerously close together.

"Love waking Wei Ying up like this."

More kisses fell onto Wei Ying's still closed eyes. Like a lanky cat, Wei Ying stretched his body, his toes pointing, his fingers curled into fists as he bent his arms. He let out a loud groan and felt Lan Zhan still. Mischievous silver eyes peeked at the blushing jade's face only inches away. Lan Zhan's eyes were wide, their golden depths swimming with desire.

"We could just stay here for a while." Wei Ying suggested with a foxy grin.

Lan Zhan sighed. Wei Ying could see the defeat of his want over their need.

"Need to get Wei Ying out of here. Need to get back to your parents. Mother should be awake by now."

At that news, Wei Ying's eyes sparkled with excitement. "Mama's awake?"

"Mn. Grandmother is excellent healer."

"Well then, what are we waiting for?" Wei Ying said as he wriggled out from under his jade and stood to leave.

But suddenly, everything began to spin. He swayed on his unsteady legs, closing his eyes and praying it would pass.

"Wei Ying!"

Strong arms scooped Wei Ying up and planted him back on the bed. A cool hand felt his forehead which he leaned into. It was only a few heartbeats before Wei Ying opened his eyes and smiled at his concerned fiance.

"Aiya, Lan Zhan. I'm alright. I just stood up too quickly."

"Need to take things slowly. Wei Ying will stay. I will find transportation so Wei Ying does not have to walk."

"Lan Zhan! I'm not a baby. I can use my own legs."

Lan Zhan huffed.

"Did...did you just huff at me?" Wei Ying gasped. His words sounded angry but the quivering smile waiting to appear on his lips exposed his true feelings.

"My angry baby will stay until I come back."

Wei Ying's laughter burst out of him. "Sweetheart, did you just call me your baby?" he replied in astonishment.

Two could play this game.

A fiery blush exploded across Lan Zhan's ears. Wei Ying had never seen them so red! Which was why he couldn't back down now.

He crawled into Lan Zhan's lap and snuggled himself against robes that were not white but still smelled of sandalwood. He nuzzled under his jade's strong jaw. Lan Zhan's arms instinctively wound around Wei Ying's waist and held him tight against his yearning body.

"My darling, what will I do while you're gone? What if someone finds me and kidnaps me? Please, take me with you, my prince." Wei Ying said coyly as he batted his thick eyelashes.

Wei Ying waited for his jade to crash their lips together in a suffocating kiss. But it never came. In fact, the complete opposite happened. Lan Zhan picked Wei Ying up and set him gently back on the bed. Those fierce golden eyes stared at him with a chill that went right through Wei Ying's bones.

Had Wei Ying miscalculated his fiance's ability to tolerate his flirtiness? Did he go too far and now Lan Zhan was angry with him? A tightness in his heart had him stumbling off the bed straight for his annoyed fiance.