A Daring Journey

Wei Ying POV

The next morning came too quickly. It wasn't that he didn't want to warn his parents. Of course he did. But the feeling of those strong arms wrapped protectively around him and the soft breaths warming the top of his head had him snuggling down one last time. Wei Ying understood what his jade had been feeling last night. This early morning hour could very well be their last moment of peace, their last moment of being alone.

Lan Zhan stirred next to him and Wei Ying maneuvered his body until he was lying on top of the young jade. His silver eyes flared mischievously before taking Lan Zhan's soft lips between his own in a soft kiss. He poured every ounce of love he had for the man sharing his bed with him into the kiss. It was slow, rhythmic, and languid. Wei Ying took his time so that the kiss would be perfect, just like his Lan Zhan. He made sure every part of those full succulent lips was given the appropriate amount of attention they deserved.

When Lan Zhan tightened his hold around his waist causing their lower regions to press against each other, Wei Ying moaned uncontrollably. Instantly, his soulmate flipped their positions and Wei Ying found himself on the receiving end of the most animalistic kiss. Lan Zhan's mouth devoured him. That tongue that Wei Ying wished would lick elsewhere delved mindlessly inside his hungry mouth. It ravaged him, tore him apart from the inside, and left him mindless.

Wei Ying felt like he was melting into the mattress. Lan Zhan shifted his weight lower so he could lavish attention on that single dark mark just below Wei Ying's bottom lip. His powerful jade began nipping and licking his way down his neck and onto his collarbone. Unexpectedly, Lan Zhan latched onto the tender skin between his neck and shoulder and began sucking. Wei Ying gasped at the sudden pain. Yet his body responded in a way it shouldn't have.

His long legs wrapped around Lan Zhan's waist with a natural ease. They pulled his beloved closer. Closer. Wei Ying's emotions overwhelmed him. Nothing else mattered. It didn't matter if the world was ending. His mind, heart, and soul belonged only to Lan Zhan. His life belonged to the man he held in his arms.

When Lan Zhan pushed up onto his hands and looked down at him, Wei Ying couldn't breathe. Those glowing golden eyes were filled with a desire brighter than the midsummer sun and they were staring at Wei Ying with blinding love. He smiled and took his soulmate's face in his hands. Wei Ying caressed those high cheekbones with his thumbs slowly, memorizing this moment. Lan Zhan's long hair hid them from the world in a curtain of silken ebony.

Placing a final kiss on those sinful lips Wei Ying would hunger for every second they were not pressed against his, he said, "We have to leave, my love."

Lan Zhan's head fell. Their foreheads connected. Wei Ying could hear his jade bringing himself under control and was giddy about it. He loved that he could make the cold, stoic Second Jade lose himself to a passion that consumed them both. He loved that he was the reason for Lan Zhan's fiery hunger. And he loved that Lan Zhan was his alone.

"Mn. Will draw a bath for Wei Ying." Lan Zhan said, his voice still rough and thick with desire. It sent chills across Wei Ying's heated skin.

Once Lan Zhan was gone, Wei Ying took deep breaths and fought his need to have the beautiful jade. He rose from the bed and began fixing the blanket so that Lan Zhan would not have to do it. If it was his bed, Wei Ying would have just left the rumpled bedding. Why make something look so neat and tidy when you're just going to mess it up again?

After they both bathed, they dressed for their journey. Their clan robes were tucked away inside Lan Zhan's qiankun pouch. For this trip, they needed to remain as unseen and unnoticed as possible. They each still wore similar colored robes but the ones they put on were of a more common appearance. Anything tying them to their clans was not worn. Looking up at his fiance, Wei Ying felt a pang of absence at Lan Zhan's missing guan. Yet he couldn't deny that his jade was still as magnificent as always.