When the Darkness Rises

Wei Ying POV

"Hanguang-Jun!"

More knocking. Wei Ying sighed and plopped his head on Lan Zhan's shoulder.

"Hanguang-Jun, please open the door!" The voice outside was frantic.

Lan Zhan's eyes rolled in his head at the displeasure of being interrupted. Wei Ying broke into an unstoppable laughter at the sight of the almighty Second Jade behaving like the teenage boy he still was. Reluctantly, he slid off his fiance's body and collapsed onto the bed. He watched as Lan Zhan pulled his outer robe back on and walked to the door. Wei Ying's tongue slipped across his puffy lips, the delicious taste of his jade still on his skin. A small whimper behind his pouty lips had Lan Zhan turning back with long strides.

"Lan Zhan!" Wei Ying squeaked as his jade grabbed his head and proceeded to devour him one last time. Breathless, Wei Ying looked up at his angelic husband with sharp silver eyes. He covered his reddened face with the blanket and kicked his feet against the mattress in happiness.

Why were they always interrupted just when things were getting good?

Wei Ying heard the door slide open and peeked from under his hiding spot. It was a junior disciple who looked like he had seen a ghost. This young lad was one from the dining hall a few days ago. Wei Ying remembered his face. It had been bright and curious. He had been the first one to approach Wei Ying with a question, pulling away from his friends to do so.

But now, his face was tense, his smooth skin stretched tight around his frightened almond colored eyes.

"Hanguang-Jun, my apologies." the young man said with a deep bow.

Lan Zhan only grunted at him. Wei Ying jumped out of the bed and skittered to his jade's side. The young Lan looked away, averting his eyes from looking at the man whose arm was wrapped around the Second Jade's elbow.

"Don't mind the grumpy Hanguang-Jun." Wei Ying said with a bright smile. Placing his right hand next to his mouth he whispered, "He's all bark and no bite."

The young man standing in the open doorway looked up fearfully at Lan Zhan who glared at him. Wei Ying gave his jade a little smack on the arm.

"Lan Zhan, you're scaring the boy. Stop it!"

The young Lan's jaw almost hit the floor. His eyes were so wide that his eyeballs could have rolled right out of his head. He stared in disbelief at the man wearing only a red inner robe as if he was waiting for him to combust into a blazing bonfire. No one had ever treated Hanging-Jun with such casual playfulness and not suffered consequences worse than death.

"Why are you here?" Lan Zhan asked coldly.

Snapping out of his shock, the young boy replied, "Zewu-Jun sent me. I am to escort you to the Great Hall immediately."

Wei Ying gasped. "Lan Zhan! We completely forgot about the meeting!"

He rushed over and dressed in his obsidian outer robe. His fingers fumbled with the ties to secure it as he searched for his boots.

How could they have forgotten? Oh right. He had refused to wake up. He had wanted to stay in bed with his future husband and forget the world outside the walls of Jingshi. It was all his fault. Again.

Or was it?

Lan Zhan was the one who kissed him first. And who was he to deny the great Hanguang-Jun? Besides, Lan Zhan's kisses were more intoxicating than the finest wine. Wei Ying wanted to drink from those soft lips slowly, treasuring every minute touch, every delicious lick his jade granted him.