Flying High

Wei Ying POV

The soft glow of candlelight bathed their room in a warmth that opposed the cold darkness outside. Sturdy window shades and a thick wooden door held the bite of the cold late November breeze at bay. A loud screaming sound pierced the silence of the night as a barn owl defended its territory.

Wei Ying walked slowly into the bedroom, Lan Zhan following right behind him. He was exhausted. His body ached for the comfort of the soft bed and the warmth of the heavy blankets. Yet the need to feel, to touch, to love the beautiful man standing only a hand's reach away forced Wei Ying to turn into his waiting jade's arms. So much had happened in the last week that he couldn't even think about sleeping. He had to make sure this wasn't a dream, that Lan Zhan was here in the flesh. That this man holding him like he was the most precious thing in the world was alive and safe. And not angry with him.

Lan Zhan placed a finger under Wei Ying's chin and lifted his face until they were both looking into each other's eyes. Wei Ying didn't have to say a word or even utter a sound. He knew his jade was feeling everything he was. The bond between them wasn't just because of their power or their history. He could feel it in his bones. The love they shared was theirs. It belonged only to them because of who they were now.

"Wei Ying?" Lan Zhan whispered as he wiped the lonely tear trickling down his dancer's cheek.

"It's a happy one, my love."

Lan Zhan's soft lips drifted over his in a tender kiss. It was slow, each union and separation deliberate. Wei Ying's tongue searched for that delicate connection that always comforted him. As the kiss deepened, so did his jade's hold on his head. Sounds born from an eternal need floated between them. His hands roamed freely over Lan Zhan's body, seeking purchase against the intoxicating freefall his heart was plummeting into.

Pulling apart, the two young men stared at each other in silence. Eyes glistening with tears of joy sparkled in the low light.

"Lan Zhan." Wei Ying whispered.

"Wei Ying." his soulmate answered.

"Will you help me get ready for bed?"

Lan Zhan's eyes widened, then softened. His hands lowered hesitantly to undo the tight sash holding his fiance's robes in place. Long, elegant fingers expertly undid the knot allowing the heavy black outer robes to part freely. Unable to wait for an official invitation, Lan Zhan's large hands slipped inside. They settled on the younger man's hips, pulling him closer.

"Undress me." Wei Ying demanded impatiently. His breathing was already quick, his eyes wide and hungry.

Lan Zhan slid his hands up Wei Ying's chest and slowly slid the rich material off his beautiful dancer's broad shoulders. The hushed sound of robes falling to the floor sent shivers through Wei Ying's body. He stood unmoving, unwilling to break the spell cast upon the two of them. Lan Zhan's hands returned to Wei Ying's waist, quickly untying the simple knot that bound his inner red robes together.

Golden eyes flashed with desire as the crimson robes fell away. Wei Ying took a steadying breath. He had been naked from the waist up before in front of his future husband. But under his jade's ravenous gaze, his body reacted in a way that had him aching with a pain he only wanted more of.

Wei Ying slowly placed his hands on Lan Zhan's chest. "May I?" His voice was low. His endless silver eyes pleading with an innocence he was slowly losing to this boy who was barely a young man himself.

A simple nod was all it took for him to reach for his jade's guan. Wei Ying moved slowly, carefully, not wanting to pull a single hair on Lan Zhan's head. Once freed from the decorative metal, the young Lan's hair fell gently into place with the rest.