"I'm just here to babysit Lucy," she chuckled, "Chelsea's at the hospital."

"Hospital?" I immediately took out my phone.

"Yeah, she said she called you."

I dialed her number and waited. "Why are you at the hospital?"

"Oh, did you reach home? Dr.Carter said that I should do a scan just in case..."

"Should I come there?" I asked while glancing at Lucy, pondering whether or not to take her along.

"It's fine, I'm in a cab already. By the way, it's the same guy who helped us when Lucy had her allergies! I'll pay him extra this time."

"Hmm... Are you able to walk now? How's your back pain?"

"Um... I struggled so badly in the morning. You should give me a warning before disappearing so abruptly!" She grunted.

"Why did you have to leave Lucy with... Susan?" I turned around and groaned over the phone.

"Dude, I'm right here," she scoffed behind me but I ignored her.

"Don't argue with her, alright?" Chelsea sighed, "The scan reports will be out later and-"

A loud screech was heard over the phone.

I felt my ears explode from the noise made by horns and banging metal.

The phone made all kinds of sounds.

It died in the end.

I absent-mindedly clutched the doorway.

My heart was pounding against my chest.

The noises were all too familiar.

They had haunted me when I was young.

"Ch-chelsea?" I struggled to breathe as I was greeted with silence.

The same silence.

I took Lucy from Susan's arms and hurried down the stairs. She yelled asking questions but I ignored the world around me.

"Taxi!" I yelled and a cab pulled over. The evening sun glared at me.

"Rashmond Hospital."

"Gotcha," the taxi driver replied in his chirpy voice.

My brain felt numb. My heart was beating too loudly. The only thing that gave me hope was having Lucy in my arms.

I held her closer.

"Damn, that's a huge roadblock."

When the driver cursed, I looked up to see the traffic. It was a few blocks from the hospital. I handed him half the fair and stepped out.

Please.

I found myself taking longer strides. No matter how hard I tried, I felt off balance.

This can't be happening.

Not again.

Lucy was getting restless from the unusual exercise. But she had to know that her daddy was trying everything in his power to not freak out.

There was a crowd ahead of me and police cars. I struggled to see what was happening but I finally caught a glimpse.

A cab was nearly crushed after colliding with a truck. It had spun over and was leaning against a streetlight.

But what left me on edge was the pool of blood.

Not her.

Anybody but her.