"I guess."

"What work do you do?"

Why did this asshole have to pry so much...?

"Packing and moving heavy things."

"Damn, that must have crushed your ego," he chuckled.

I walked over to the pickup truck when Jeffrey yelled behind me, "Don't hesitate to call, and take care of yourself, Mr.Xander!"

"Let's go, Jim," I sighed and got in next to him.

"Did that rich boy offend my ballerina?"

"Drive, Jim." I glared at him and he kept laughing as we went down the road.

***

I spent the week making inquiries at the bank and even took Lucy for her dose of vaccines at the hospital.

The bank manager said that he was helpless as their system always crashed when they tried to access my account. He had tried to get it fixed many times but nothing was working. Now, my money was the bank's property and I couldn't access it until the system was fixed.

Whoever was behind these acts was very clever and extremely good with computers. If I could access at least a part of my money, I'd be able to hire a hacker for myself and take down the criminal.

Meanwhile, the doctors and nurses at the hospital were obsessed with Lucy. They said that she was the prettiest baby they had ever seen and if I remembered correctly, she looked exactly like the younger version of Chelsea but with green eyes.

Dr.Carter was able to get us free vaccines with her privilege card but I didn't thank her, Chelsea did and that was her job. I would never thank that woman for anything.

"Would you like a ride home? I'm done with my night shift," the doc smiled at us.

"No thank you," I replied and was about to walk out the door when Chelsea stopped me, "My legs already hurt, Leo."

"Then you can go home in the car. Lucy is walking with me."

"Come on Mr.Xander, I won't bite," The doc smiled.

It was almost as if Lucy could read the situation. She immediately reached for her mother in my arms. "My little girl is so smart," Chelsea chuckled when I reluctantly agreed to go with them. "She's too smart," I muttered.

I sat at the back while the women were making small talk at the front. They already talked every single day and it made no sense why their conversations never ended. Soon, they were talking about Lucy and the doc told us about the remaining vaccines to be taken.

"Once she's able to lift her head, she'll begin crawling and sitting up. Before you know it, she'll walk and run!" The doc smiled.

But once she begins running around, would it be the same though?

Lucy was growing up and I wasn't against it, but what if she doesn't stay small anymore?

She'll grow up in the blink of an eye and we'll have to send her to school. She'll make friends, good and bad... By the time she's a teenager, she may even have a boyfriend.

I wouldn't let any idiotic men in the house. Never.

Neither would I let her go overboard and do idiotic things.

The boy had to be level-headed with a clear sense of priorities. He'd have to put her first before everything he does. He'd have to take care of her in the same way that I do.

If he doesn't, I'll break his bones.

But I would only be able to restrict Lucy till she turns 18. After that, she'd be a woman of her own. She'd go away for college and get married in a few years.