She was still acting all nervous and what she just said made no sense to me. Like why would she be nervous about that? She writes songs about so many people.

"Okay and?" I asked her to clarify, still confused.

"It's a duet." Her nervous look turned into a sheepish grin.

"No." The small smile instantly turned into a stern look. I should have known this was where she was getting at.

"You don't even know what I'm going to say." She defensively said, the volume of her voice rising.

"I'm not recording a song with you." I clarified myself with an unimpressed look.

"Okay, so you do know what I was going to say." She tried to lighten the mood so maybe I would say yes but I wasn't budging and the unimpressed look remained.

"Please." She begged.

"No" 

"PLEASE!" She begged louder this time.

"NO." I mimicked her and softly chuckled, finding it very amusing that she was acting like a child.

"Oh come on. Why not?" She scoffed and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Because I don't know if you've noticed but I'm a football player not a singer. I don't sing." I sassed back and laughed.

"Yes you do." Taylor said accusingly, giving me a pointed look.

"Look, meet up with me, okay? We'll have some fun in the studio, record the song and then we'll  see what happens." She pleaded with me one last time, giving me the best puppy eyes she could muster. We kept eye contact for about ten seconds when I finally caved.

"Fine." I groaned, giving in to the singer's request.

"Yes!" She yelled out and pumped her fist into the air, almost dropping her phone in the proces. "I'll arrange everything and send you the details later."

"Perfect." I mumbled but couldn't fight the small smile from forming on my lips thanks to the singer's excitement but that excitement soon turned into seriousness.

"Oh but Ellie?" Taylor called out my name. When she had my attention, she continued. "This has to stay between us. No one can know."

"I'm perfectly fine with that." I assured her.

"Great. I'll see you soon." Taylor said goodbye with one of the biggest smiles I had ever seen on her.

"See you soon Taylor." I chuckled and hung up the phone.

I dropped my phone in my lap and threw my head back, closing my eyes for a minute. I needed to process what had happened. Taylor Swift just asked me to record a song with her. How crazy is that?

I was deep in thought when I heard the door close. It must be Alexia and my thoughts were soon confirmed when Nala ran over and jumped on the couch, nestling on my lap.

"Hola, mi amor." Alexia walked in and gave me a kiss.

The minute she kissed me, the conversation with Taylor popped into my head again. I had promised her that I would keep it a secret but could I keep it a secret for Ale? 

"Okay, what's up?" Alexia took a step back and examined me. She had her arms crossed and squinted her eyes.

"What? Nothing. Nothing's up. Why would there be something up? Nothing's up, everything is down." I stammered out not meeting Alexia's eye because I was afraid that when I would look in them, I would tell her everything.

"Ella" She said more forcefully this time and I made a deadly mistake.

For a split second I looked up and was immediately captivated by her stare. I tried to keep the staring contest going without caving in. Ten seconds, twenty. She kept staring at me with this intense look, her arms crossed. It felt like she was peering into my soul.