Chapter 22.

Laila's P.O.V.
Dear Diary,

Today is Thanksgiving Day. I'm awake at this hour of the day for a reason, the one day I should try to sleep in and I'm wide awake at five-thirty a.m. texting William who is now about to go back to bed. Some days, I actually love that he sleeps for long hours because then I get to send him a good morning text and that's almost the first thing he sees when he wakes up. I've always wondered what he looks like when he sleeps but moving on today is Thanksgiving Day and I'm having breakfast with my family before driving down to Landon's. Landon, I love my brother, he's invited me over along with William, Alyssa, David, Tati and I'm spending the rest of the day with them. Brielle is going to be there and Lamarr too, with all the recent drama that is my life I haven't had a chance to talk to Lamarr or even remember to call him up well I guess I'll be seeing him today. Lamarr White is my brothers' best friend, has been since forever and I just know today is going to be amazing. Pictures and memories are in order! 

            Yours truly, 

                                  Lexie.

I quickly closed the diary and hid it in my drawer. The trick to this drawer was the fact that it had a built-in compartment slightly larger than the diary but I had a white layer of wood put over it then I put things over that to make it appear like an ordinary drawer in my bedside table. Brilliant, isn't it?" 

All that stress so no one would find my journal, yes all that stress! 

I hopped in the shower and danced around my room. I was in a genuinely good mood because I was going to spend the day with my loved ones. I turned my music on playing Housefires' 'If I Could Be Anything' and I sang like no one was listening but someone definitely was as Maria came knocking at my door. 

"Good morning to you too, Laila Alexandria Radieux Woods" She replied to my greeting with a slight glare.

"What did I do?" I asked when she kept glaring at me

"You were bringing the whole house down with your singing, although you sing wonderfully. What a gift you have but then everyone else is either asleep or just getting up so you are disturbing them, Laila" 

"Well it's to get them to wake up, chop chop I need this to be over with" I said taking a seat at my dresser brushing my hair and leaving it down so I could style it later. However, I was singing because I was happy and not to wake anyone up but waking them up is an added bonus.

"Laila, why are you dressed up?" Maria asked me as I applied lip balm and not lipgloss to my lips.

"I'm going down to Landon's place" 

"It's Thanksgiving, Laila" 

"It is and I want to spend my last Thanksgiving in high school with people I love and people who love me" I replied looking her in the eye through the mirror.

"Just be careful about it" 

"I'll try to get out of the house undetected" 

I looked over my outfit in the mirror, my white turtleneck and black high waisted wide leg pants. I didn't look eighteen, I realized it as I stared at myself in the mirror. Alex was right, I shook the thought from my head and stood up, turning around to look at Maria. 

"You look beautiful as always" She complimented and I smiled, thanking her.

"Maria, when will they get up? It's half seven already, I went running around the estate and did some pilates. Speaking of which, there's a slight ache in my legs and I came back to my room after that and I did a few things before showering and getting dressed. That brings us to where we are now"