Chapter 5

Laila's POV
As I walk away from Liam, I can feel my heart pounding and I can't believe she almost kissed him in my presence. She is totally crazy, forcing herself on him. Oh please girl! My shoes have more appeal than you.

On my way home, I can't help but feel so betrayed and when I make it home, I'm literally in tears and don't know what to do or say. As I walk up the steps to the grand entrance, I can't stop crying and I feel so weak because I don't cry especially over boys. I just decide they aren't worth my tears but my chest just has this indescribable pain tearing through it as certain unwanted images and an image of Liam begging me comes to mind.

I mean I don't want to lose him, we've only just decided to sort of take things slow and someone's already causing problems.

I still don't know how I can feel this way about someone. I will get to know more about him as we continue, yes I am not giving up on me and him. That Sasha had better watch it.

I'm met with Maria's face as I reach the living room, she sees my state and doesn't ask. She just hugs me and pats my head because she doesn't know what to say. When I finally calm down, she tells me everyone else is sleeping and I ask her a question
"Maria?"
"Yes sweetie"
"Have you ever been in love?"
"Of course I have,I'm old like that you know"she laughs
"I know"
"Well yes I have, I'm still in love with my kids father and people did try to tear us apart even circumstances too but we overcame them. Sweetie, love is like a rose you have to tend to it. I hope you understand me hmm,so who's the guy?"

"There's no one"
"You're such a liar, Laila"
"Geez everyone has been telling me that all week"
"Who's everyone?"
"Never mind"
"Sure, there's no one"
"I mean it Maria, I just really like someone if there's anything like love in my life then maybe I'll pursue it"
"Okay if you say so"
"I'll go get some rest now,Maria"
"Talk to you later"

I head up to my room feeling a bit better maybe because I know William and I are going to be fine. I pull my uniform over my head and look down at myself, this nice body thing isn't going to pull itself off so I put on some workout clothes and head to the gym downstairs. I hook my phone up to the speakers and begin with some stretches before moving on to other things, at some point I just move to the punching bag. I'm at it for an hour until my dear brother walks in.

"Hey bro" I greet
"Who are you so angry at?" He replies
"No one, Landy" I smirk
"Cut it with the nickname, Alexandria"
"Pulling the middle name card now, aren't we? Well I'm pissed off because of some girl"
"Do I know her?"
"Her name is Sasha"
"You mean the crazy mean girl of the school. Whom you've never liked, you're better than that"
"Yeah the girl pissed me off"

"You look madder than usual, I hope you're sure it's just that?" He asks
"If I lie to you then you know I'll always come back with the truth even though sometimes we keep stuff from each other"
"I'll believe you for now but I'll find out eventually"
"The perks of being a rich business man do you well?"
"Yeah I guess. You can talk to me sis, I'm not as stone hearted as I look. I'll leave you alone now"
"Love you too, Landy"

He throws a towel at me with a glare before walking out chuckling. I feel sweaty and stinky so I go back to my room for a shower and it feels so good to rid myself of the grime from my long day so I put on some comfy clothes and lay on my bed.

My phone is on my bed with Liam's face flashing across it,I want to decline it but I end up accepting it, I'm so whipped for this man. Way to go Laila.
"Lexie?"
"William"
"I spoke to Sasha okay"
"And?"
"She said she would leave me alone"
"William, you know she's crazy right? She will keep pulling stunts like this and I don't ever want to be caught in the middle of things like that"
"Lexie, I'll take action if she does anything stupid but please don't do this to me"
"Fine but I'm still pissed. Give me some space babe"
"Sureeee and did you just call me babe?"