Chapter 23.

William's POV
I dodged the fist that was flying my way and kicked my trainer hard, very hard. He winced, stumbling backwards.

“Are you perhaps angry and are using me for a release?” The man asked and I sighed

“I’m just distracted” 

“Why?” 

“My girlfriend promised to tell me something but she’s making it seem like a surprise, I don't like surprises very much and she knows that” I grumbled

“It’ll be something nice if she’s the same girlfriend that never stops talking to you or texting or calling you on occasion” 

“She doesn’t do surprises, I wonder what it is” 

“You should bring her here” 

“No” 

“See you soon, William” The man walked away from me and I unwrapped my hands before grabbing my duffel and heading out.

I drove back home and showered, I was towel drying my hair when Wren barged into my room. She looked down at the towel around my waist, grimaced and walked back out of the room. 

“Meet me in the lounge” Wren said from the other side

“When I’m ready, I will” I replied jokingly

“William Xavier King, if your butt is not down in the lounge in five minutes. I will infact knock you out!” She exclaimed and I didn’t reply but heard her footsteps move away from outside my room. 

I quickly put some clothes on and grabbed my phone, I walked out of my room and towards the lounge. 

“Don’t sit down” Wren said with her back to me as she looked out the window.

“Okay” I knew better than to test my sister, it didn’t matter that I probably had more advanced training. She would destroy me.

“You met Lamarr?” She asked

“I did” I replied, I wondered if all the anger radiating off of her and being directed at me was because of Lamarr.

“What did you think of him?” 

“I think he’s a really good guy” I replied and Wren turned around so fast, I thought she would get whiplash. She eyed me before turning back around to look outside.

“Did you?” Wren sighed

“Wren” 

“What did you actually think of him?” 

“As previously said, I think he’s a good guy”

“You do?” Wren sounded happier than she did a minute ago.

“I mean yeah, that is the impression I got of him when we stayed in the same space. He kept looking at her, I know he might've been surprised that Laila has a boyfriend ”

“Well I think he has every right to be surprised considering he knew about Asher before any of us did” 

“How did he know? She only told me about Asher because she didn’t want to get hurt, he must be a good person if she told him first” 

“So he’s a good guy?” 

“He just needs to stop glaring at me and we’ll have no problems”

“What if he doesn't like you?” Wren’s voice sounded sad as she asked that question . 

“What if he does like me?” 

“What if he doesn't?” Wren sighed again and I looked at her back profile perplexed, that was not my sister. Wren was and is always happy.