Chapter 24.

Laila's POV
*FLASHBACK*
The day of the fight
Tatiana looked at me suspiciously as I grabbed my white face cap and pulled it over my head.
My face lacked expression but on the inside I was a complete mess.

Did William not trust me?

What could be the matter?

I was almost crying but I held it together and walked out of the house with Tati right beside me and our run began once we got out of the gates.

We ran, Tati could almost match my speed but she couldn't, I was always faster for some reason. I was pushing my limit with my speed today.

In the next few minutes, I was doubled over with tears streaming down my face.
Why was I crying?

Because someone I loved didn't tell me what was going on with them and I've told them what happened to me during some of the darkest days of my life?

I was hurt.

Love should trust.

Tati caught up to me, looked at me and we took back off in the other direction.

“Are you okay?” She asked as we slipped back into my bedroom.

“I'll be okay when the trust we shared is restored, is this how it feels when you suspect that someone you deeply care about doesn't trust you? If it is then I don't want to feel this way” I sighed and walked towards my balcony doors.

Tati simply placed a hand on my shoulder from behind perhaps to offer me some sort of comfort but her hands were cold. I might have wished they were William's hands, his hands are always warm.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

We're okay now.

I get it if he doesn't want to talk to me about it but he should talk to someone, he's bothered about it.

He zones out sometimes and I'm worried about him because William never does that, he's always 100% attentive and I love that about him. It's why our relationship is so amazing, he pays me attention and notices every little thing about me.

I kept up with my walk, the white hoodie on my body keeping me warm from the slightly chilly December air.

I walked to Louise's office.

I walked in well my sash was on over the hoodie and it was barely after seven am so who would sue me? Louise would but she loves me way too much for that and school wasn't in session yet.
My black lanyard with my Council ID was also around my neck, I stepped into Louise's office.
Louise had a settee in her office, I took the seat next to her across from the concerned parents who were already seated.

“Good morning Mr and Mrs Adams” I greeted.

“Good morning” A unison reply came from the couple.

“This is Laila Woods. Laila is the best student in our school's senior class and therefore the whole school. She is also the President of the Student Council, she is undertaking two international academic programmes alongside her normal high school education here with us” Louise informed and the woman smiled warmly at me.

I sent her a small smile and admired her flowing gown, she looked beautiful to say the least.

“Laila had a media scandal which she later cleared up, however, the children also knew about the scandal because it was everywhere. Fenton went ahead to taunt her and indirectly called her a gold-digger, Laila has enough money to her name not her family's name yet so what on earth would she need more money for? She lives a very simple life with the exceptions of a few luxuries as she and her family can very well afford it”