Chapter 21.

William's POV
I was walking down the stairs, taking them one at a time. I felt rather at ease knowing Laila was downstairs in the kitchen, it had been two months since the Laila Woods-Kendrick Sanders broke the internet and I couldn't be more relieved that she was calm and so happy.

Laila had undergone so many changes since then, she was much more loving and affectionate. She smiled more often when she was with me which is most of the time so that was a good thing but she didn't smile at strangers more than usual so no changes there. I was teaching her how to cook and bake treats, she was always willing to learn as long as she had me to teach her. We all knew she could only cook noodles but why she couldn't cook was a whole different story.

Laila said her mum never actually had the patience to teach her and Maria taught her how to do everything except to cook. Laila loved the woman despite everything, she even tried to mend their relationship bit by bit but things weren't really looking up on that side. Laila was a sort of a picky eater and had vastly improved her eating habits, I found that she hardly ate meat if it wasn't with her other foods or something or if it was a main ingredient in whatever she was eating. I also noticed that she hardly eggs or any other proteins well except milk and save a special fried dish made from black eyed beans.

"William!" Laila exclaimed from the kitchen and I took longer strides to get there quickly.

I stood in the doorway and smiled at her.
"You called?"

"Yes, you can't just abandon me to this pepperoni pizza thing you know" She said looking at me with a smile

"The dough is ready right?" I asked

"Of course the dough is ready, I'm about to roll it out" Laila opened a cupboard above her own head and pulled out a rolling pin.

"Let's do it" I replied and we worked in silence, we put the 12 inch pepperoni pizza in the oven and sat in the living room with my sisters'.

"What are you guys stirring up for us now?" Wren asked with a small smile

"It's just this pepperoni pizza recipe I saw online" Laila replied

"We decided to try it out" I said and Whitney nodded at me

"You both are look so cute together, it makes me feel so single" Wren pouted

"Deal with it"

"How have president duties been treating you both?" Wren asked the two girls

"This one takes the stress quite harshly, she has a go at the punching bag first thing on a Saturday morning and then she draws herself a long relaxing bath. She gets food and snacks to her room, sometimes ordering in and then she gets a fictional book and a blanket. She has a huge lazy day in short" I replied referring to Laila.

"Punching bag?"

"I took self-defense classes"

"Who trained you?"

"Jared trained me"

"The blonde?"

"Yeah"

"That's nice, I trained William to fight for some time and then I handed him over to our security team when he nearly knocked me out twice"

"He almost knocked you out?"

"Yep, he's a better fighter than me for sure. I've seen how he covers up his arms, he just likes to hide the man he's become and I'm proud of him. William has grown more than I could imagine, he has a girlfriend whom despite everything that they've been through are still together. He takes care of you and I hardly say this out loud but your relationship is a model for every other relationship out there. There's love, respect and communication and understanding" Wren paused and I smiled.