Chapter 16

Laila's POV
After William left, Brielle offered to run me a bath and I nodded yes to her. When Brielle left, I felt my eyes water and the tears began to flow all over again so I drew my knees up to my chest.

Brielle saw me and her expression crumbled,she pulled me up from the chair leading me up the stairs to a fairly large room where she handed me a bag with clothes and underwear.

"Just yell if you need anything" Brielle says and exits the room.

I strip and go into the bathroom,I wash my hair first and then my body. I open the drain and let all the water go down before rinsing off, I step out and close the drain again sitting on the edge of the bathtub. I look at the tiled walls around me thinking about some of the arguments I've had with my mother and a pained laugh escapes me, mommy issues I think.

"Are you okay in there?" Brielle asks me

"I'm fine"

I sit on the edge of the tub for a few more minutes before stepping out of the bathroom as I secure the towel around my body. I towel dry my hair and comb it before putting it in a slightly loose high ponytail.

Grabbing a pair of shorts, I slip them on along with William's hoodie from earlier. I sit on the bed and draw my knees up to my chest, moping isn't doing me any good so I look around the room for my backpack. I see it at my bedside when I get up from the bed, even though I know I'll spend twenty minutes at most on my homework.

I complete it and turn my phone on. The phone begins vibrating furiously so I set it down and wait for the vibrating to stop, it stops and I unlock it. I have several missed calls from William, Dad, Landon, Brielle, Alyssa, Allison and all my friends.

The group chat is blown up with texts.
Me: Don't worry guys, I'm safe :)

Mischievous Partner: Where are you?
Me: Somewhere

Angel: told you so

A call comes in and I accept it.

"Hey babe, how are you?" My cousin asks me

"Hey Rick, I'm totally not fine"

"What's wrong?" I hear the concern in his voice even though he's all the way in London.

"Today's just one of those days" I mumble

"Come on, you're lying to me. It's me Kendrick Aniston-Sanders, the first guy you actually thought was cute and I don't know why you'd be lying to me because I mean it's us"

"I just thought you were cute because you bickered with me about my own novel besides I had an argument with my mum" My retort turns into a murmur at the ending of the sentence.

"You had an argument with Aunt Lucia again?"

"It wasn't really an argument,  she was just behaving high handed over breakfast this morning"

"She's Lucia Aniston, you and I both know how proud she is of that name darling. Tell me what happened"

"Yesterday, my friends and brother thought it would be a brilliant idea to throw me a small celebration without telling me. I was led to the venue based on the ruse that I was going on a date, the celebration was amazing I loved it. I was with a guy last night, he drove me home and we shared my room for the night, the next morning while he showered-" Rick interrupted me

"You shared your precious haven with a guy? Laila, there are guestrooms in the mansion" Rick commented and I almost scoffed at him.

"Yeah I did"

"No hanky panky?" Rick asks

"No but that guy is someone special, Rick" I took a pause at that moment

"How special? Fling special? Boyfriend special? Fiancé special?" Rick asks and I wish he didn't ask because now I'm thinking about William.