Chapter 1

Monday.........
Laila's POV

It's the first day of the new school year and I have never been more excited to see my friends. The summer break was great, actually I did some travelling, learnt how to make a delicious bowl of noodles, learnt cursive writing {not that I couldn't write in cursive before} and spent some time with my family. I was in Britain for a few weeks, it was quite an interesting trip if I may say so myself. Sooo school I need to shower and be ready in an hour, thirty minutes later I'm freshly showered and dressed. I head down to the villa's kitchen for breakfast, my breakfast consists of waffles, toasts, scrambled eggs and orange juice. I'm in my senior year at The Lexington Academy.

My friends wish to meet up at a café near school before class, so I will be heading out now. Immediately I step out, I am met with the eyes of my personal driver well the driver my dad hired for me well not that he doesn't drive my mom and sister too and I drive myself a lot. He does quite the job and is pretty loyal, he greets me and I answer him cheerfully. He must be scared to see me so cheerful and I think I know why soooo everyone is always so scared to talk to me. You may ask why?

I have a severe case of RBF{Resting Bitch Face} yup as pretty as I am, I frown 80% of the time. Go figure!

People can't tell whether I'm angry or I'm just wearing a frown and every single person on the planet thinks I'm always pissed off........oops:). We arrive at the cafe in record time, I thank Matthew and head in looking around for my friends I find them frantically waving and I actually laugh a bit. My love for pastries is absolutely beyond me, I order two blueberry muffins and decide to start the day off with some sugary goodness.

I reach my friends table and they are of course discussing my love for pastries.
My best friend,Alyssa pulls me in for a discussion about how my holiday was and what I did,who I met,who I was with. It was quite the discussion,we all decided to head to school since we had assembly and had to get our schedules for the new school year and our locker numbers/combinations.

The assembly was quite boring,the principal gave us a speech about being good students and behaving right bla bla bla. They say the same thing every year,I pick my schedule up and my first class is World History yay! *note the sarcasm*

The day drags on till lunch and I just know I haven't learnt anything so far,my head is filled with memories of a certain person. At lunch,I see him and can't help but sigh so I strut to his table in my suede black flats so I whisper a little Hi in his ear.

He smiles before turning around and engulfing me in a hug,he asks why he hasn't seen me all day? I smile and ignore his question,I do sit in the seat next to him.

"Are you ignoring me?" William asks
"Yeah maybe a little" I said and he laughs
"You're still upset but I apologized"
"I know but I can't help it"

He sighed and caressed my cheek with his left hand before walking out of the cafeteria.

My friends walk in and yassss here goes nothing, they are all my favourite people in the world so first off we have Alyssa; the lady best friend<3 while Tyler is like my man best friend sometimes I think he's a man child cause jeez he behaves like one. Marilyn, Kayla, Tatiana, Alistair, Dennis and yes you know of William.

Lunch is pretty much uneventful with everyone doing their own thing, the discussion just moves around how the first day back was. I'm quiet as usual but I think everyone notices that it's worse than normal, the bell rings signifying the end of lunch. Alyssa pulls me to the side and asks me what's wrong?

"William" I answer
"What do you mean William?"
"It's complicated stuff and we have class now,we can discuss it after school at my house. Sounds good?"
"You'd better have me some ice cream and yes all the deets, okayyy bye"
"Yeah I will,bye" I laugh a little bit

The day ends before I know it and I spot William leaning on his car,I know I should ignore him but can't help myself. I walk up to him and he wraps an arm around my waist pulling me closer,I don't mind it but I may still be a little pissed at him

"This position is quite cozy" he teases

"Maybe it is, why are you doing this to me?"

"Maybe because I have feelings for you or some thing" he smiles this time around, I noticed William's smile had become much more charming over the summer.
"You could have said that earlier hm? Let me think about it and then you can pop the question when you feel the time is right" I poked him in the chest before daintily letting my palm rest there. 

I walk away from him and make a beeline for Alyssa's car, she murmurs and I give her a pointed look. 
"Be straight with me, best friend" I say
"You've got some explaining to do"
"I really do"
"You really do woman"
"Sorry"

We make it home in record time and I meet an empty house, except the staff. Alyssa grabs an ice cream from the kitchen and drags me to my room,she locks the door and screams
"Spill!"
"Okay so William came to see me the day after I came back"
"Go on"
"He tried to kiss me"
*Cue screams *

She shrieks and I wince. Damn girl,why so loud?
"What?!" she exclaims
"But he didn't succeed"
"And why the hell not?"
"Maybe cause I pushed him away and asked him several questions"

"That is a surprise ma'am but nevertheless why did you do that?"
"I was surprised at that moment"
"Why were you surprised,Laila? He seems to really like you although he won't tell anyone"
"Hm"
"What does hmm mean?"
"He said he has feelings for me today"

*Cue screams again*

She just screams again......weirdo

She tries to speak but just starts laughing like she's mad and I end up laughing too until my stomach starts hurting. She sobers up and asks what I said to him and I relayed the whole conversation to her.

She starts singing something along the lines of "My friend is in love". I just stare at her and contemplate my own feelings and what I will do if he does ask me out. I may just say yes and give Liam a chance,it's a risk but maybe I'll take a risk just this once.

Alyssa and I proceed to do our homework and she leaves three hours later,I go through my night routine and go into a light slumber.......

And that was the first chapter guysss,I hope you liked it
Do tell me what you think of William
Please vote and comment
Love,
Konyin.