Chapter 6

William's POV
Laila looks nervous sitting in my passenger seat but I don't want to seem needy so I keep quiet during the ride to my house. We arrive and I have to tap her to come back to reality, she smiles at me in response and I drive in but ask her to get down and wait for me while I park the car.

After parking it, I take her hand and lead her inside. She's nervous but tries not to show it and I have no idea why, Ellen is probably wondering who I'm with but I'll pass for now.

"Your house is beautiful,William" she speaks
"Thanks"
"Will I want to tell you about a secret of mine and it will determine the course which our relationship will take"
"Okay you can talk now"

"I can't believe I'm telling you this after keeping this secret for so long but here goes nothing. I met a guy when I was a freshman, we had that instant spark almost like love at first sight and we dated for a year and a half. We broke up well he broke up with me without telling me why, it wrecked me and I've been trying to get over it for the last one year. " Her eyes had dimmed when she stopped speaking.

"You lied" I spoke up once I recovered from the shock.

"Yeah I lied, do you know how hard it was to admit that it happened? Stop it okay, I needed all of you with me, you helped even though you didn't know it"

I took a deep breath and thought it through for a second before speaking.

"Come here, Laila"
I was sitting with my upper body on the couch
And I pulled her into me
I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her on the forehead
My hand was under her cardigan
Holding her waist.

She just lay in my arms unmoving while I stroked her face with my fingers, we stayed like that for a long time. At some point I heard her sigh but I kept quiet.
"Thank you" she speaks
"For what?"
"For being here, for holding me like this and for not running away"
"I meant what I said. I promised to take care of you"
"I was so scared that you'd run or you would never look at me the same way again"

"You're strong, beautiful and intelligent. You hid this for so long and I assume I'm the second person to know"
"Whose the first, Liam?"
"Alyssa" I say in a duh tone
"You know everything, just keep stealing the words from my mouth"
"Maybe I do"
"Maybe you do"
"Flirting with me, Lexie?"
"Sure, believe what you want babe"
"Your parents don't know, do they?"
"No because I like to not be smothered but I will tell them when I feel like it or maybe not, Alyssa doesn't know as much as you do on this matter"

"Thank you for telling me" I kissed the back of her left hand letting my lips linger there for a moment, Laila looked at me with shy eyes.

"How is Landon?"
"He's fine"
"Lianna?"
"I haven't seen her or my dad since they got back, they were jet lagged and slept the whole day till this morning"
"Its understandable, mine won't be back till tomorrow and Wren sends her love"
"Aww tell her I send mine too" she smiles
"You're beautiful" I say while looking down at her

"I know but I have to head home now, it's almost six and as much as I would love to lie here in your arms I can't. The parents will want dinner tonight and I can't disappoint them, Liam"
"Okay let me drive you home at least"
"Fine but drop me off just before the gates"
"Why would I do that?"
"Because we're taking it slow Liam and I don't want to give the wrong impression to my parents or siblings"
"Deal"
"Lead the way"

I link her arm with mine and walk to the car, when we're strapped in she speaks
"William?"
"Yes"
"I like you maybe more than I should but you understand what I'm saying right"
"All in due time, Lexie"
She smiles and I feel like everything is going to work itself out. We arrive at her house and she calls out to me again and kisses me, I'm shocked but then I kiss back.

Out of breath, panting and smiling at each other I rest my forehead on hers.
"I've wanted to do that for sometime" I say
"Why didn't you?"
"You almost attacked me when I tried to kiss you for the first time after our summer"
"Yeah I remember" she begins chuckling
"You should kiss me more often"
"Hm I'll think about it, Liam"
"You should go"
"I should" Laila giggles and her eyes shine with happiness.

She gets out of the car and waves.
"Take care, Lexie" I call out to her.
"You too" she replies.

I watch till she's out of sight before driving off back home. Ellen corners me when I get home, my dear Ellen, she's worked with and been with this family since before I was born.
"Hi Ellen"
"Hello to you too William"
"I'll head up to my room now, if I may do so"
"Stop right there, William"
"Ellen" I whine
"You and Laila are dating now?"
"Nope at least not yet"
"I'm quite happy for you, she's a good person"
"She's many things my dear Ellen"
"You look so happy but go. I'll let you off this time"
"Thank you, Ellen"

I caught sight of my phone lying under my duvet,I checked it and discovered a missed call and a few texts. I opened the texts first

Adult child - Yo Will,I didn't get to talk to you today. Let's meet tomorrow I wanna know how things are going with Laila

William- Sure thing, we'll see tomorrow bro

Unknown number- Dear William King for embarrassing me your little bitch will pay one way or another and I promise you she will experience hell at my hands
xoxo
The famous queen bee of the Lexington

The message was definitely from Sasha and she won't quit messing with me till I do something drastic well I'll see what she has up her sleeves now but I need to keep Laila safe from her but what could she be planning now is my real worry.

The missed call was from my mom. I call her back and she picks on the third ring
"William"
"Mom"
"I miss you"
"Your son misses you too, mom"
"Why did you cut your vacation short? You're home alone if I may add that to it"
"No reason, I just wanted to be early for resumption"
"Have I ever told you that you're a terrible liar when you're trying to lie to me?"
"Nope"
"Exactly, whatever it is. I'll find out, just don't give me stupid excuses"
"Sure mom and when you do please tell me"
"I will and I'm in the airport about boarding the plane"
"I'll see you soon, Mom"
"Will do, bye sweetheart"

I actually do miss my mom a lot. She will be overjoyed when I give her the news. I still have school tomorrow, gosh a break is much needed thankfully the weekend is almost here.

Laila is strong and William is simply just an amazing guy if it was someone else maybe he would run for the hills
William.......such a mommy's boy
I wonder what Sasha is planning now?
Btw if you didn't know then the adult child is Tyler
Well that'll be all for now
Love,
Konyin<3