Chapter 15

William's POV
When I saw Laila in the dress I got her,my heart did some backflips. She looked like an angel to say the least and the dance we shared tonight was special and I think more than anyone in this world would understand, that song is our song now.

I asked her to dance a second time to distract her, she looked upset when her sister tried to grab my sister and she scolded the said sister. During the second dance, I saw her talking to a guy I didn't know and I think I got a little jealous. I asked her who he was and she dodged my question but I know she's hurt.

As I put the car in park and shut off the engine, she opened her eyes slightly whilst mumbling incoherent words. I grabbed my bags and hoisted them over my shoulders, Laila's eyes are still half opened. My left arm goes under her head and my right hand under her thighs. I carry her and she yelps a little.

"Are you okay?" I ask her

"Yeah" She murmurs putting her arms around my neck.

"Can you ring the doorbell?"

"I'll try" She replies and the door opens, Maria is standing there.

"Good evening" I greet Maria as she steps aside for me to enter.

"Just take her upstairs" Maria stops me from giving her an explanation and I nod making my way up the stairs to Laila's room.

Her room is just like I remembered it to be, candles placed strategically around it. I place her on the bed and slip her heels off. I gently shove her feet into the slippers by her bed.

"I'll just grab my clothes and take a shower" She says under her breath

"I'll be here" I reply

She walks away from me and disappears into her walk in closet. I unknot my tie and take my shoes off so I can sit on the bed with my legs crossed and Laila goes into the bathroom. Exactly twenty minutes later, Laila comes out of the bathroom freshly showered in an huge grey tee and a pair of shorts along with a pink nightcap.

"Do you want to shower?" Laila asks walking towards me

"Yeah,do you have any spare towels I can use?"

"Will I go get it or will you?" She asks me

"I'll get it, you should rest. Where are the towels?" I ask while carrying her again and putting her on the couch in her room.

"The towels are in the bottom drawer on the right in my closet" She answers and I go into the walk in closet. Her top drawer was left slightly open and I see a particularly lacy material, I shut the drawer and retrieve the towel.

With my towel and duffel in hand,I enter the bathroom and I don't want to say it's feminine but it is. I brush my teeth first before taking a shower and changing my clothes.

Laila is reading a textbook when I get back. I snatch the book from her hand.

"Hey,give that back to me" She protests

"No,you aren't reading anything tonight" I shake my head at her

"You promised me a foot massage?" She dismisses the fact that I just took her textbook from her and I smile.

"I did" I pull her feet into my lap and slowly begin to massage them.

"Where did you learn to do this?"

"Learn to do what?"

"Massage feet"

"Dad used to massage mom's feet all the time. When I was younger,dad would always massage her feet whenever she wore heels and I guess me and Wren always watched them in awe as they talked about their day to day lives"