Chapter 13

William's POV
She fainted on me and I don't think my heart could've possibly broken more than it did in that moment. When she woke up,it was dark out and the lights in her room were turned off meaning the only source of light was coming from the balcony doors.

"What happened to me?" She asked groggily
"You fainted" I replied
"Did I really faint?"
"Yeah"

"Liam,come here" she patted the space on the bed next to her. I take the space next to her and she lays her head in my lap.

"He just carried me. I was tired-" I stopped her by pressing a finger to her lips.

"Stop it, Lexie. I spoke to Alyssa,she told me you worked late and then you fainted on me and I was so scared. I thought something happened to you,I could never doubt you darling you don't need to explain anything to me. David told me you weren't looking so well and he carried you to your car" I said and ran my fingers through her hair.

"I couldn't do it y'know" she said to me
"Do what?" I asked
"I couldn't cope with the stress. I had breakfast with my brother and then I put my sister to sleep so I could fulfill my promise. I got back home and less than two hours later all the girls show up and then the pictures. I'm stronger than this" she whispers

"You're strong but I'm here for you,we all are. Learn to delegate and depend on people and cancel plans if you need to but don't do that to me again"

"I've always been independent,what if I'm just scared of being dependent on others? I'm scared because people can fail"

"It's okay to be scared, we're holding you up baby. You won't fall"

"What if I fall?" She whispers brokenly

"What if you fall darling but what if you fly?" I whisper back pressing a kiss to her jaw.

"I just didn't want to cancel the plans on our first outing,it would create a bad impression"

"Sometimes you need to think about yourself"

"I know,I'm just not selfish y'know"

"Yeah I know"

"Are you still upset with me?"

"I'm just upset that you overworked yourself"

"Is that really all?"

"Yes" I replied and rolled my eyes at her. She placed one palm at the back of my head and pushed my head down to kiss me. She pulled away first

"Stay with me till I fall asleep" she says and I can't find it in me to refuse her because it's partly my fault she ended up here. I nod slowly at her and she smiles before she gets back under the covers.

As she lies on her side,I can't help but think about everything. If I had never spoken to her about the pictures which had made her stress levels rise because she was trying so hard to convince me and then she fainted. Those moments were the worst,I called her name over and over again but she didn't even stir.

The doctor came in and told us she was stressed. She's seventeen for God's sake, how can her stress levels rise so high that she would faint? Her breathing evens out and I know she has fallen asleep but I need to go home now.

I leave her a note using the notepad and pen sitting by her bed.
Lexie,
I'm sorry I had to leave you alone but I need you to rest for me baby and take care okay. P.S. Eat something
xoxo Liam

I slip out of her room and take my phone out. I shoot a text to my Mom saying I'd be home soon and I put the phone back in my pocket. I make my way downstairs to the living room where everyone is sitting looking worried.