Chapter 18.

Laila's POV
The surprise I was met with in Landon's office was Kendrick Aniston-Sanders wearing a blue suit and black shirt, he left the first three buttons undone and I shook my head thinking this was typical Rick. I just stared him down and then he smiled at me, I smiled back before jumping on him in a hug and he chuckled twirling me around a little bit before setting me back onto my feet gently.

"I've missed you, Ricky"

"You saw me like two months ago, Laila"

"Two months too long"

"I agree, love"

"When did you even get here?"

"I got here while someone was on a little adventure with a certain man to perhaps find the man she told me about" Kendrick replied with his mischievous smile in place. Alex coughed making me remember that he was still in the room, I rolled my eyes at him before speaking.

"Kendrick meet Alexander Beckett, our very efficient CFO and Alex meet Kendrick Sanders, my cousin"

"Kendrick Sanders, nice to meet you"

"Alexander Beckett, likewise" The man shakes the extended hand in front of him.

"So you didn't run off with him?" Kendrick asked pulling his hand away from Alex's.

"No ew, why would I?" I grimaced very visibly at his words making Alex's jaw drop.

"Do call your driver the next time you want to go on a romantic rendezvous"

"I mean my driver takes me everywhere"

"I'm leaving" Alex announced and walked out of the door.

"Where is Brielle?"

"She's at her meeting"

"Do you mean that Brielle?" Kendrick asked Landon and I scoffed.

"Yes"

"How do you even know Brielle?"

"Your brother has brought her to London on more than one occasion and we've met a few times"

"Even Kendrick knew about Brielle before me?"

"You hid stuff too, don't play the guilt card now"

"What did you hide, love?"

"Laila has had a boyfriend before her most recent one, shocking isn't it?"

"Don't listen to him"

"The boy hurt my sister and she kept it from me because she was hurt and couldn't admit to anyone else that she was hurt"

"Stop talking about me like I'm not here"

"She wouldn't tell me his name because she doesn't want him to get hurt"

"Stop it"

"She wouldn't even tell me how he hurt her, just some minor details. I do feel like a terrible brother for not seeing the signs"