Chapter 20.

Laila's POV.

I walked with Anastassia's arm tucked in the crook of mine, she stayed silent observing me but failing to find out what was wrong. I was shocked that she could tell something was wrong with me by looking at the absence of rings on my fingers. She was one of the few people who knew that I didn't just wear rings, I was also being tracked with those rings. I walked pulling her behind me until we got to a tree and we sat underneath it.

"Thank you for not leaving me to burn in the sun" She said as we sat in the shade where we could actually feel the afternoon breeze.

"I'm in love with William King" I said slowly

"I knew that" Anastassia replied taking off her glasses

"How did you know that?"

"Den- you know what I just knew okay" She replied and I narrowed my eyes at her for the way Dennis' name almost spilled from her mouth, unknown to Laila it was actually just the beginning of the several interactions the two had without telling her.

"I also left my parents' house temporarily. I'm currently living with Landon and I don't even have a car to myself or anything so someone has to drive me to and from school. That person for now would be Kendrick, everything's gotten complicated recently. My health isn't the most stable right now" I paused and she took that as an opportunity to talk.

"Kenny is in the country, my favourite person is in town but what do you mean your health isn't stable? You're like one of the most healthy people I know, you are hardly ever off school sick except that one time you left for three days and I know you weren't physically sick"

"I passed out twice in the span of six days and William doesn't know I passed out the second time so basically I'm in for it if he finds out. I really don't know what to tell him or how to tell him, you know Kendrick told me not to just think about how I feel. He told me to think about William and how William would probably feel like I didn't trust him enough to tell him what was going on with me"

"Well if you do, you have to tell him everything" Anastassia said as the bell rang throughout the school

"We should get to class" I said and we walked back towards the school building, I accompanied her to her class since mine wasn't very far away.

"If you trust him, Alexia you will tell him the truth" She said leaning slightly out of the door to stare at me before disappearing through it and closing the door. I went to my classes, I was paying attention and processing it all but I was slightly disturbed.

At the end of school, I waited for William at the stairs like he asked me to. "Lexie" I heard his voice as he wrapped his arm around me and pulled me to himself, I totally leaned into him.in to his touch and completely relaxed myself. I was getting a little lost in my head and just then I felt his arm leave me as he came to stand in front of me.

"William" I whispered

"Yes darling" He answered and I looped my arms around his neck and stared deeply into his eyes, inhaling

"I've to go home now"

"Really?" He asked

"Yes but now I really don't want to leave" I inhaled loudly

"I think you should go see Landon, break the news to him. Have a great evening and all" William coaxed me

"I missed you, William. I wish I could spend some more time with you, to kiss you and hug you and let you hold me" I said and he laughed at the last part.

"We have time love" He said as I wrapped my arms around his waist hugging him, I whispered an 'I love you' into his chest. He wrapped me up in his arms and I pulled away with a small smile pulling at my long white socks and I smoothed over my hair. My phone began ringing suddenly but I ignored it and looked into his eyes.