Chapter 2

William's POV
It's the first day of the new school year and I am not exactly looking forward to it. Ever since the incident,I can't stop thinking about Laila and she won't talk to me.You may ask why she isn't talking to me?

I think she's still pissed at me for what I did. I'll find out today but only if I go to school, I have just 45 minutes to grab my uniform, shoes, shower, get breakfast and leave the house and also prepare my backpack.

Wowwwww, the  things I get myself into for this girl. Sometime later, I leave the house and successfully make it to the office to get my schedule and locker number/ combination. I'm leaving the office when I see her walking off with our friends towards the assembly, I find myself smiling for the first time today.

The assembly is boring as usual and the guys ask me why I'm slightly late? I can't lie so I ignore them instead, my first period class is AP Chemistry and yes I like the subject. Sue me!

Also I wasn't late, okay! I was almost late, emphasis on the almost. 

The day drags on like that till lunch, I'm sitting alone at the cafeteria and someone whispers a little Hi in my ear and I know it's Laila. I stand up and engulf her in a hug
"Why haven't I seen you all day?" I ask
She ignores me and sits next to me
"Are you ignoring me?"
"Yeah maybe a little" she says and I laugh
" You're still upset but I apologized"
"I know but I can't help it"
I sigh and caress her cheek before walking out of the cafeteria.

I go to the library instead and just lay my head for a bit till the bell rang. I honestly cannot wait for the day to be over if anything I want to go home right now but I attend the rest of my classes for the day.

I stuff my notes in my locker and head to the parking lot, I lean against my car waiting for Tyler and Dennis. Laila approaches me and I want to hold her close to me, I wrap an arm around her waist. 

"This position is quite comfy" I tease
"Maybe it is, why are you doing this to me Liam?" she asks

Only she calls me Liam.

"Maybe because I have feelings for you or something"
"You could have said that earlier hm? Let me think about it and when you feel the time is right you can pop the question" She pokes me in the chest before laying her hand on my chest gently. 

She struts away from me to Alyssa and I can literally see the wheels turning in Alyssa's head. Laila didn't say she likes me too although her actions give her away, she's asked me to pop the question and I will when the time is right.

My friends appear magically and tell me I have explaining to do. On the way to my house, they successfully managed to squeeze something out of me.

Upon entering my room,I am bombarded with questions
"What did you do to Laila?" they ask simultaneously
Okayyyy awkward
"Nothing" I say
"Liar"
"Fool"
"But I'm being honest guys"

"Will you're the only guy in the world who affects her that way,you piss her the hell off and yes you can make her extremely sad. I am her best friend,I think I know this shit"
"Okay,you're right."

Wait,whatttttttt?! My thoughts just got redirected when I thought about what Tyler said

"You just said only I can do that to her"
"Yeah you are" Tyler says again
"But she has never even admitted to liking me"
"Sweet sweet Will,you never learn do you? She doesn't want to get hurt, she's guarded and won't admit how she feels even to her very own self. You have to break her walls and make her realize it herself"
"How do I do that?"
"Just be you, William. That's all"

"You still didn't tell us what you did to her, William" Dennis speaks up
Oh,they're pulling the full name card now!
"I tried to kiss her"
"What?!" They exclaim simultaneously again

"Yes I did,I know I was wrong"
"Woah! So what did she do?"
"She moved out of the way and bombarded me with so many questions"
"Basically she's pissed off" Dennis says
"Yeah,I mean she was but not anymore. We kind of talked things out and she asked me to pop the question when the time is right"

"That's some hot tea right there" Tyler speaks
"So what will do you,Will?"
"I want to get closer to her and yes break her walls,I want to know her better and everything. When I'm ready,I'll pop the question or is that a bad thing or selfish thing to do?"
"No it's only fair you both get to know each other"
"It's actually quite fair, not selfish at all"
My friends leave after like two hours. 

*Some calculations later*
My Chemistry homework is finally done. I have some lasagne for dinner.

I know you're all wondering whether I live alone, I don't. I have parents and siblings but they'll be arriving at the end of the week from their trip to Cairo.

*Phone rings*
The caller ID says Ignore and I decline it immediately. Some people just can't take no for an answer, can they? I do have school in the morning so I should go to bed right now. I take a shower and prepare my stuff ahead for the next day before jumping into bed and having a dreamless sleep

Next day.....
William's POV
I'm prepared for school this time around unlike yesterday. I arrive early so I have time to spare,I grab my books and head to my first class. The classroom is empty so I take out my phone and scroll through social media a bit.

Twenty minutes later,the classroom begins to fill up and Laila walks in dressed to the nines. I will never understand her need to always be in control and look proper all the time but she surprises me by sitting next to me.
"Good morning Lexie"I greet
"Bad morning to you too Liam"
I chuckle at her antics but place my hand in hers. She doesn't move her hand away,maybe Tyler was right about her being scared.
"Let's meet during lunch" I suggest
"No, why would you suggest that?" she counters
"Maybe because I want to talk to you"

She agrees eventually and the teacher walks in and begins her lesson. Laila begins taking notes and I can't help but admire her handwriting,how swiftly her left hand moves across the lines of the notebook. I think she is amazing in more ways than one and I continue taking notes.

Dun dun dun!!
I'm super dramatic I know
But William seems to be making his moves,any thoughts about his nickname for her?
*Sigh*
I hope you all liked this chapter,please vote and feel free to comment
Love,
Konyin<3