Chapter 19

William's POV.
I'm sitting in the auditorium with Tatiana and David at my sides, Alyssa was in front of me keeping an empty seat for her best friend and my girlfriend, Laila. I was surprised she hadn't gotten to school yet, it was almost eight am and I would have believed something happened to her if she didn't text me.

Lexie <3: On my way, Liam.

I sat still in the auditorium and waited for the assembly to begin since our weekend involved a lot of limited contact, I'm not very sure where she would be arriving school from; her parents' house or Landon's house. I will ask her about it all once I think Laila is okay to answer my questions. The assembly was about to begin and Laila was nowhere to be seen, as more students filed into the hall I shoved my hands into my blazer pockets and looked towards the podium when all of a sudden a person with her hair down and a very happy demeanour sat down beside Alyssa. It took me a moment to realize that the girl was Laila, her black school blazer on her and her long hair moved as she spoke to Alyssa. It suddenly felt like old times when Laila didn't know he liked her but the times were different now, were they not?

Laila turned around and rested both of her hands on her chair, gripping the chair tightly and she smiled brightly at me.

"Hey you" She said slowly

"You look awfully bright and happy today" I crossed my arms

"I had breakfast with a special someone" Laila smiled and hummed under her breath before looking back up at me.

"Who is this someone?"

"I call him Rick and only I call him that"

"Who is he?" I couldn't help the smirk that grew on my face at her words, her flirting with me is doing wonders for my mood at the moment.

"He's related to me, we're bound by something" She said and the mischievous glint in her eyes made me chuckle.

"I'll try to keep an open mind" I replied with a nod in her direction, she smiled mischievously at me before she turned around and faced the podium too.

Louise Kennedy otherwise known as The Lexington Academy's principal made her way to the podium, she was wearing her white pantsuit on a Monday. It was a rather strange occurrence as the woman hardly wore white to the school save for a few special occasions, she stood on the podium and began her address

"Good morning students of The Lexington Academy"

"Good morning Ms"

"This morning we shall be introducing you to your new prefect board or rather student government officials, I apologize on behalf of the school board for delaying this very important moment up till now. Our most recent set of graduating students have led us to make the decision to stop elections for the student government this year. Our school is a ground for raising intelligent and well-rounded students, not ill-mannered and delinquent students whose grades, attitude and outlook towards life are nothing to write home about. The board has approved this year's student government specially and we expect them to perform at full capacity for their remaining 8-10 months in office, I'm saying now that this year we expect the best from those of you who are about to graduate and I say this to every single one of you now ask for help where necessary, do not falter on your journey to greatness. The sky is your limit, congratulations!" Louise rounded off her speech and began applauding us making the whole student body applaud us, it was a moment of great celebration before the woman motioned the students with her hands to calm down.

"As you hear your name, please stand up and make your way to the stage behind me. Let's begin applauding them as they make their way to the stage to make them understand that they are appreciated" Louise smiled brightly and took the white sheet of paper from the person next to her.