chapter 55

Toby p.o.v

As she closed her eyes, I couldn't help but to like how beautiful she was, I don't know what she will decide to do once her aunt clarifies everything to her. I have waited for years for her arrival, I might have been a little cold towards her when we bumped into each other at the airport but my mind was pre occupied as I was worried about my dads health which didn't go well as I thought.

Now am well aware of the person behind of his death and I can't wait to finally face him on the battle of war which I haven't decided when it will happen as this moment all I want  is to keep her safe as she has become my priority and won't give up on her no matter what.

As we approach our destination, I texted both Veronica  and Jason to pick us up.

We finally reached Miami, by the time we got out both of them we waiting outside their cars.

I held lisa's hand as we walked together, I nodded at Jason while lisa hugged veronica.

We didn't talk much and I waited for them to leave, I stood there as there car disappeared in distance.

"You look tired, should I drive you home?" Jason asked as he stood next to me.

I nodded and entered the passenger's seat. Jason started the car and I leaned on the window.

I couldn't stop thinking about Lisa, I have told her things but am not sure if she will be willing to accept it.

She always thought supernatural things were fantasy, which she used to read about  but now she wants to know more about it.

I opened the window as the cold wind blew my hair I silent wish she would be OK and not try to avoid the truth like she wanted to before that's why I called Veronica so she could try to convince her to stay.

It took me around two hours to get he because of the traffic, as I got out of the car,I walked to the door which was quickly opened before I could ring the bell.

I guess Jason must have informed the maid that I was coming back.

"By any chance, you want to do birthday surprise for lisa?" Jason asked as he leaned on the car.

I nodded at him without saying a word knowing that I wasn't sure if lisa would want to celebrate her birthday after finding out things that she didn't want to know to begin with.

"You look worried and I know she's confused now but am sure she will get over it and accept her destiny " Jason said as he reassured me.

I smiled hoping that his words to be true as he happen to be always right about things.

Not only is he my best friend but also my beta who always had my back from the start.

Flashback

I met Jason when we were in London, my parents and I moved after he had a heat argument about his ruling in the city and had no choice but to take me and my mom which resulted to not be able to keep in touch with Mike.

I was usually introverted and liked to read and draw whenever I had a chance.

One time I was sitting under a tree drawing as usual when some kids started picking on me, one of them snatched my book and started throwing at each other.

As I was struggling to take it back, Sam one of the basketball players tripped me and I fell on a fence.

I was trying to get up when his friends stepped on my hand which lead to bleeding.

Before I knew it, someone threw an object to him which made him lose his strength and fall down.

The person who threw it came to me and helped me stand up which made Sam mad and fight broke down and they all ended up getting bruises.

That was the first time I saw him, he fought them and they couldn't even stand up.

When suddenly one of them stabbed him in the back and ran away, I held him before he hit the ground.

Luckily a guard saw us and called an ambulance, he was rushed to the hospital and was taken to the emergency surgery.

His life was at stake and I didn't want to lose him too. So I asked my dad for him and he suggested that the only way was for him to get bitten which I agreed.

Dad was hesitant but I begged him for help and he did what he thought  was for the best and since then I was glad to have him not only as my friend and also my beta.

End of flashback

Jason drove away as I entered the house, I went to my room and laid in bed.

I took my phone and texted lisa but she didn't reply. I assumed she probably slept as it was already midnight.

I laid back in bed as I thought about everything and her. I don't know what the result maybe turn to be but I hope she will give a chance to herself to know about her future as well.

She might have chosen me but am not sure she would want to become my luna as she still has feelings for Mike as well.

I won't deny that it makes me angry whenever they were together but now I'll do whatever it takes to have her myself.

I always get whatever I wanted and for lisa it won't be different not that I would force her but she would have to make a choice herself.

Neither one of us is willing to give up so it would be fare to do things the right way and no use of tricks too.

There were times when we would do things just to get people angry and I wouldn't deny it was fun to see how people would react to it.

I went to the bathroom to take a cold shower, as the water ran down my body I thought about her those times when we would share kisses and making out.

From that night I was chosen as the alpha till that night we were in New York. Even after kissing multiple times it still felt like it was the first time we were kissing.

At the end it was ruined by Mike which led me to sleep on the couch as he talked about killing someone which made lisa confused about his sudden confession.

At first I thought he was going to admit that he murdered my dad but he didn't and as he was about to chase after her I made sure he didn't get the chance to talk to her.

I don't know why I did it as much I wanted him to confess as well but for lisa I didn't want her to get  more confused as she already was.

He chose to ignore her once he found out about her decision but still he followed us to new York which was irritating to me.

Am glad I left him there and  finally have her myself, but also know his capabilities he doesn't give up easily as well.

I'll have to tell lisa about it and hopefully she will try to understand me as I am doing for her.

I might appear cold and heartless but for her I would be fare and make sure to keep her safe from everything.

I decided to ignore the negativity about what she might decide once she talked to    veronica about it.

One thing I want is for her to be able to stand up for herself and I will stand by her side.

It would make me happy if she chose me again but I don't want to push her to a point she ends up ignoring me again.

Now that she knows what I am and capable of, I'll do whatever it takes to make sure she doesn't get into any trouble.

She hasn't chosen a side yet, they only way to know it is on her birthday which will be in two days.

Cross my heart hope she makes a wise decision too.

Good luck lisa, let's see what choice you'll make once you know about your life.....