chapter eleven:confronting him

Mike p.o.v

What happened that night kept hunting me, I couldn't believe that wolf was about to attack her, some how I felt like I wanted to protect her from the wolf.

I realized he was an alpha by the look of his eyes. The next day I went to school, I saw her near her locker and she was having difficulty to put her things inside.

I could see how much pain she was enduring and I heard her heartbeat increasing as if she was running a mile even though she was just standing.

I looked at her arm and saw her wound, she was bleeding and I couldn't control myself, I felt like I wanted to bite it but I walked away as fast as I could.

The next thing I hear were students screaming. I looked back and saw a guy carrying her to the infirmary.

I walked away and found a room where I hide myself. I opened my bag and took out a bottle of blood and drank it quickly.

I sat there for a while then went to class then, the guy who carried lisa came in and the teacher didn't want to hear his excuses and gave him detention.

Then he walked in and sat infront of me, I sensed him and remembered he was the guy whom I fought that night.

One thing I knew was I wanted to confront him but I realized that the supernatural world was has to  remain a secret so I planned to wait for him at the end of the day.

After school was over, I waited for him to come out alone but he had a girl who him and it seemed too difficult.

I then waited for him as I had followed him to the restaurant where he later happen to have an argument with the same girl.

Then I saw him leaving but he stopped as he saw lisa with a woman whom I assumed might be her parent.

Soon he drove away and I followed him, he stopped near some woods. He got out and came to the view where he stood and looked  around.

He took off his clothes, and shifted to a wolf the same one I fought that night.  Now I had discovered his real identity.

I wanted to confront him like I planned but suddenly something or someone pulled me back.

I looked who it was and it was my mom, she looked angry and I knew what happens next.

She pulled me out and took me to her car, she drove fast until we got home. She didn't say a word neither did I.

We reached home and she took me to her study and locked the doors. She kept pacing back and forth.

"Mom will you please stop its making me dizzy " I pretend puking.

"I can't believe you had the nerve to face him when I specifically told you not to"

"Come on mom, it's not like I was about to confront him "

"I know you were going to mike, you are so determined to fight him not knowing what's capable of "

"Don't worry about me mom, I once fought him and he ran away like a maniac "

"YOU DID WHAAT?! You can't be freaking serious mike you are trying to get us into trouble "

"Chillax, i just wanted to talk to him about lisa and not look for trouble "

"No mike, I can't risk it, don't you get it, you killed his dad what makes you think he wont kill you once he finds out who you are"

"No mom I don't think so and besides what I did was to save my brother from a guy with a gun and am sure anyone else would do the same thing I did"

"You mean kill? I don't think so mike so for the love of peace don't mess with him and keep you distance from the pack of werewolves". She glared at me.

"Fine, I'll try but if he starts to attack i will finish him" i smirked.

"If you don't mind can I take my brother for a run and besides he might be the next alpha so training him will be fun"

"Sure as long as you don't get him or yourself in trouble " she said

"Sure but I can't promise that " I joked.

She glared but I didn't care, I walked out and Mason and I ran to the woods as our house was in the middle of the woods too.

Mason looked like he had been training alot lately as I saw him beating me in the marathon.

Finally we reached at the end of the line and we were so high up on the mountain.  He looked around and saw the light of the city.

It was both bright and beautiful, we both sat down and mason gave me a bottle of blood which I gladly took and drank it.

"Mike, if you don't mind is it possible for you not to fight the werewolf even though I might be partly blamed "

"What are you saying mason, whatever happened that day, it's not your fault so don't be hard on yourself " I assured him.

"I know that but isn't there anything you can do to stop this war?" He asked worried.

"I don't know that yet but I will always make sure that you won't get hurt ok?"

"Ok, I hope you can find a solution for it so that no one ends up getting killed"

I knew that mason was worried about us our kind even though he's young but I felt like he knew that things were about to change.

For me I just wanted to confront him about lisa and not fight him about leadership. Somewhere I knew I had to save everyone I care about including lisa.

A week later

It's been a week since I last saw lisa and tonight was my birthday. I had invited lisa and I hoped she would come.

That night slot of students came but I was eagerly waiting for lisa's arrival and to my luck she did.

She wore a short sleeveless blue dress and light makeup, she looked amazing and I couldn't help to stare at her beauty.

She smiled when she saw me and I greeted her and her friend. Then I welcomed her inside. She looked so innocent and I liked it even more......