chapter 49; Mike's confession

WISHING YOU ALL A HAPPY RAMADAN KAREEM AND BE SURE TO HEALTHY 🏮🏮

LISA'S DRESS ABOVE.

Lisa p.o.v

Out of fear I quickly bend down to take the pieces from the floor,as I picked up the pieces one of the glasses cut me and I screamed in pain and quickly covered my mouth when out of nowhere toby appeared in front of me and saw the mess.

Without a word he carried me inside the room and made me sit on the bed as he quickly went to grab the medical kit.

My eyes teared up as he cleaned the cut on my hand, he didn't even scold me. I guess he didn't bother much about the vase.

He put a bandage around my hand and kissed it. I got curious about what he was talking about to the other person and I took the opportunity to ask what he meant by protecting me.

"Am sorry I didn't mean to break it it was an accident" I murmured as I look down at my hand.

"Its ok lisa, there's nothing to apologise about, it's not like you've murdered someone or something" he said as he pulled my hand up and kissed it.

"Are you by any chance not telling me something?" I asked as he still held my hand and then let it go before he stood up.

I was about to let it be when he spoke which was something I didn't expect him to do.

I thought he would make up an excuse to ignore my question but I was surprised with what he said next.

"Yes there's something am hiding from you but it would be best if you don't know because it's the only way for me to protect you from what's about to happen" he said as he stood up and walked to the window.

"Protect me from who and what's going to happen? Don't you think I have right to know first before you do what you're doing now?" I asked as I walked towards him.

I so badly wanted to know what he was protecting me from, despite my eagerness to know everything maybe it was best if I don't know for now.

"You know what, despite how eager I am to know what you're hiding I think it's best if you tell me when you feel like telling me" I assured him as I turned him to look at me.

I could feel the relief he looked when he sighed as though he was holding his breathe.

I was scared to know what he was hiding but it's better if i don't for now,besides he probably doing this for own protection so it's best if i cut him some slack.

Soon we were ready to leave, he helped wear my jacket because of my hand since I cut myself out of panic when I broke the vase.

We walked inside the elevator which took us to the ground floor, he held my hand all the time as if he was going to lose me somewhere.

As we walked through the lobby towards the exit, the workers were greeting him with respect and by the time we came outside a limo was already waiting for us.

The driver opened the door and toby held my hand to help me get in first like a gentleman he was.

As I sat down he got inside,I noticed that partition was closed and I couldn't see the driver.

"Don't worry about it,he already know where to take us" toby said as he noticed how I was struggling to talk to the driver.

"By the way where are you taking me? You didn't tell me about the schedule for the day ?" I asked as I remembered not asking him about it as we were having different conversation as i eavesdrop in his conversation on the phone.