chapter 53

Mike p.o.v

The idea of wanting to have a talk to lisa seemed to be in vain even after confessing that I didn't kill anyone but it seemed that she was confused about it and decided to leave though I saw her going to a room with toby and I got distracted by Nora.

one hand she and I used to be close since we were kids and things were going well for everyone but I guess good times sometimes comes to an end which it did once toby and his parents left and we all moved on with our lives.

No matter how much I miss the old days I don't think it will ever be the same again now that we've part our ways and became frenemies or something like that.

Whats surprising is that Nora just confessed that she likes me and wants me to accept that Lisa would never like me as much I like her. even though it hurts like a sword I still want to know it from her myself.

I took Nora's hand and walked out as I waved to a taxi I looked around and saw Lisa walking away and she entered a limo. she looked as though she was confused and sad I couldn't go to talk to her as I felt Nora's hand holding my hand.

I looked back at her and she shook her head with a pleading eyes hoping that I wouldn't go to Lisa but I didn't think it was the right thing to do as I know it won't be an easy task as well.

Before I could agree I saw the limo that Lisa entered passing in front of us and she didn't look fine so I decided to let it be for the meantime as I wanted to think about everything and figure. out how to solve this without getting involved in a fight with toby.

Nora and I entered a taxi and went to the hotel we stayed the previous night, once I entered my room, I took off my jacket, poured myself a drink and stood in front of the window as I watched the busy city.

I still can't believe that Nora just confessed her feelings to me even though she knows that I like Lisa who by the way am not sure if she has made up her mind on who she wants to be with for life.

I sat down on the couch still facing the busy city. with the glass on my hand and laid my head back as I closed my eyes to think about what happened tonight. I couldn't believe that I let my anger blind me from seeing her and I didn't want to accept what Nora said that day.

Nora and I grew up together and I guess that made her think that I might have felt the same as she did with me and now am not sure whether am really confused about my feelings but I want to be sure either way so I chose to face toby no matter the consequence might be.

After thinking for what felt like hours, I stood up and went to the bathroom to take a bath, as the water ran down my body I closed my eyes and I somehow felt like someone was behind me I turned around to see Nora looking at me.

''Nora!the hell are you doing here?how did you even get in?'' I asked as I was confused by her sudden appearance especially in the bathroom.

''I ...I found your door open so I just came in and besides I thought someone broke in so I came to make sure you were safe''she said as she pointed at the bathroom door.

For starters I didn't expect her to just appear out of nowhere which was uncalled for, I didn't realise that I didn't close the door to begin with as my mind was somewhere else.

"Sorry for barging in, I hope you don't mind if I stay with you for tonight" she said as she looked down at her feet.

To be honest I didn't expect her to come to my room and it didn't feel right to refuse her so I just nodded and she smiled at me and walked out.

After I took a shower, I covered my body with a robe and went to the living room to see what nora was doing.

As I entered the room, I saw her roaming around the room as she held her waist.