chapter fourteen:Can't have her?!

Toby p.o.v

I left the restaurant with questions running my mind, I still remember how lisa's aunt was behaving awkwardly despite not knowing her well. I cleared my head and not to think about it at all.

The following week was busy time, I had a match to prepare and I still haven't found out the person who murdered my dad, but now I had to be a human rather than being an alpha.

As I was in the changing room wearing my shoes I heard someone coming in. I turned around and saw Ashley  looking at me.

"What you want Ash?" I asked coldly.

"I just wanted to apologise for how I acted last time is there a way we could.... you know start over?" She asked as she walked closer to me.

"No Ashley, and I thought I made myself clear am not interested in you so back off" I yelled at her.

"What do you mean by that, I thought you liked me and you were the one who asked me to go out with you why are you doing this toby?" She asked confused.

"Am sorry Ashley, but we're over so go away am late for the game" I said turning away to close my locker.

"I don't believe it, you're an idiot,and I hate you so much toby" she said as she wipes off her tears.

"Too bad I don't care if you hate me or not so please go away" I said getting closer to her.

"Why are you being so cold towards me today?" She asked.

"Am just being honest with you, is that hard to understand and besides you're not the type to have feelings for someone either" I said getting frustrated with her.

"But I happen to like you toby please believe me "she said hugging me.

Soon I heard footsteps, I thought it was one of my friends who came to call me but to my surprise it was lisa.

"Sorry to interrupt you but have you seen mike, he had games today?" She asked looking at us.

"Excuse you can't you see we're busy here and no please leave" Ashley snapped at her.

This was one of the reason I didn't like her for, she always treats people bad and she didn't care if she was hurting their feelings.

Lisa apologized and walked out, I pushed Ashley and ran after her, she went out of the room and walking away.

I was about to call her when one of the boys called me and said that the game was about to start, so I turned away and followed him.

Soon the game started and it was fun, we were beating the other team so hard and I could see how our school were cheering for us.

Until it was halftime, one of our teammate got injured and was rushed to the infirmary, the team from the other side were happy and it got me frustrated, by the end of the game our team won and I couldn't be more happier.

As my team and I walked on the hallways, i heard the students cheering for us and we walked proudly of our victory.

As we were gathered around I saw lisa by her locker sh wasn't alone, she was talking to a guy and they hugged, she was laughing and smiling.

I won't deny she has the cutest smile and the fact that she might have a boyfriend made me feel a bit jealous.

When the guy she hugged turned around I saw a scar on his left arm, he was wearing a shirt and was rolled up to his shoulder.

Lisa then kissed him on the cheek and they both walked away. I was about to walk away when I spotted something shining on the floor.

I walked to it and picked it up, it was a necklace with a werewolf shape, I tried to remember where I saw it before. Then i put it my pocket.

I drove home, and went to my room as i kept on staring at the necklace, someone budge in my room and i knew who it was without turning around.

"Hey man, why did you ghost me, you missed the celebration of our victory " he said as he threw himself on my bed.

"Sorry, i guess i wasn't in the mood and you know that am not really a high school student am here to find the person who murdered my dad" I said looking at the necklace.

"Dude, where did you get that necklace?" He asked as he looked at it closer.

"Why, do youknow what it is?" I asked as I gave it to him.

"Yeah, it's ours, it belonged to your dad," he said

"What do you mean it's my dad's how do you know that?" I asked him

"Well one time as I came from your room, I heard voices from your dad's office and I saw him holding this necklace and he was giving it to a woman whom I couldn't recognize as her back was facing me. " he said as he gave me back the necklace.

"So if this necklace is ours which represents werewolf pack but wait I  know that lisa is human, could it mean that.." I stopped.

"Mean what toby, it can't be that her aunt is...no no its impossible could it?" He asked looking at me.

"Well there's one way to find out" I said running out of my room.

Jason came with me and were at lisa's house, I knocked on the door and a woman opened the it.

When she saw me, she froze for a minute, then looked behind her and closed the door from behind.

"Are you ok madam?" I asked her and I sensed her heart was shaking and she probably knew who I was.

That's when  I remember that night at the restaurant when she was avoiding eye contact. She sensed me staring at her. So it  all made sense she was a werewolf.

"I know who you are but please don't let her know" she said as she kept on looking back.

"Then why aren't you not telling her yourself?" I asked.

"Because I want protect her and it's my duty to do that, I don't want her to get hurt and know the existence of supernatural so please as my future alpha don't hurt her" she said.

"What do you mean and why would I do that, l like your niece but it seems like she already has a boyfriend " I said feeling more disappointed.

"Lisa already had a painful past and I don't want her to be involved in this too so don't come near her neither the werewolf nor the vampire will have her so stay away" she said coldly and walked inside.

"That was in expected, did she just slam the door and left us here" jason asked.

But i was more curious about what she said something about Lisa's past.

"What could it be that her aunt doesn't want me or the vampire to know?" I asked myself as I drove home.