Chapter 21: Never Felt so Low

Start from the beginning

"Nobody likes him". Derek told Isaac.

And just like the drama Queen he is.  Peter slid the main door open, making his way towards the two.  "Boys...and Anita.  F.Y.I., Yes, coming back from the dead had left my abilities somewhat impaired but the hearing still works.  So I hope you're comfortable saying whatever it is you're feeling straight to my face". 

"We don't like you".  Derek told his uncle bluntly, slamming the book shut and then standing up, facing his uncle.  "Now shut up and help us".

"Fair enough".   Peter flicked his claws out.

"Anita?" Isaac whined as he kept his eyes on Peter, taking a step back. Anita closed her eyes, letting out a deep breath before crawling off the bed and standing up.

"You'll be fine". Anita made her way over, giving Isaac a comforting pat on the back. She then looked to Peter. "Peter will be nice. Won't you?"

"Never know". Peter shrugged innocently as he watched Anita walk over and sit on the couch.

"Relax. I'll get more out of you is you're calm". Peter looked to Isaac. Isaac who was still clearly nervous took Derek's seat on the chair while Derek sat next to Anita on the couch.

"How do you know how to do this, again?" Isaac asked.

"It's an ancient ritual used mostly by alphas. Since it's a skill that requires quite a bit of practice. One slip, and you could paralyze someone, or kill them". Peter answered, moving his claws closer to the back of Isaac's neck.

"You-you've had a lot of practice though, right?"

"Well, I've never paralyzed anyone".

"Wait, does that mean that you-" Isaac immediately grunted once Peters claws went in the back of his neck. He scrambled slightly, gripping onto Peter's arm while Peter held him in a small headlock.

The two started to grunt and Isaac kicked his feet. Anita sat up straighter, shaking her head. "I don't like this".

Derek immediately stood up from his spot, gaining Peter's attention. "Wait. I see them". It didn't take much longer until Peter let go, slamming his hands on the table before walking away from them.

Anita immediately stood up and went over to Isaac. "You okay?" She asked softly, her hands lifting his face up so she could meet his eyes.

"What'd you see?" Derek asked his uncle.

"It was confusing". Peter panted. "Um, im-images. Vague shapes".

"But you saw something."

"Isaac found them".

Anita let go of Isaac's face, looking to Peter. "Erica and Boyd?" Anita asked him.

"I barley saw them. I mean, glimpses".

"But you did see them". Derek questioned.

"Worse". Peter gave Derek a knowing look.

"Deucalion". Derek sat back down on the couch slowly.