Chapter 52 After All

The rest of the Coronation ceremony was a blur to Dorian and hardly left any imprint in his memory, even though it was supposed to be the most important day of his life.

Lucius was alive!

He had so many questions. How was it possible? They all watched Lucius jump into the snake pit. No man could have survived that.

And yet when he held Lucius in his arms, the familiar scent and the warmth were so real.

Could he be an imposter? What if it was some Asmodian's scion shape-shifted into Lucius? But as far as Dorian knew, none of the known Asmidian-line vampires were strong enough to cheat him, considering that he had Azreal's feather now.

All sorts of misgivings and suspicions spined in Dorian's head throughout the ceremony that he barely registered what word he was reciting when taking the vow to protect the realm. But it seemed all went well, and no one noticed his absent-mindedness.

Lucius disappeared after the ceremony, and Dorian had a compulsive urge to cancel the celebration feast. However, Darius was adamant that he stuck to basic courtesy and showed his face during his own celebration.

During the celebration feast, Lucius surprisingly appeared in front of the whole court. He had washed away the dust and weariness from the journey. His reddish tint blond hair was longer than before and groomed in silky, lustrous waves. The perfectly cut maroon embroidered tuxedo and black dress pants contrasted his alabaster skin and roseate complex. His delicate features assumed a half-smirk, polite yet playful.

Dorian couldn't move his eyes away from his consort because Lucius was particularly stunning tonight. And the court seemed to share his idea.

Lucius walked up to Dorian and bowed impeccably, though with a subtle air of theatrical, "My King."

Dorian couldn't help but smile indulgingly. He wanted to pull him into his arms just to make sure one more time that he was indeed there. However, now was not the occasion. He leaned in, gently kissing Lucius's cheek, and said, "I was looking for you."

"Had to take a shower. I smelled like camels." Lucius replied quietly. And before they could exchange more words, some council members and nobilities swamped them with congratulations, fighting for a chance to speak to the King and gain his favor.

As the feast proceeded and people got more drunk, many of the nobilities and dignitaries began to lose their dignity and formality. Rather than drinking blood from glass, some began to request to have the meat brought to them directly so they could suck them dry while enjoying their little struggle and moaning before they die. More naked sex slaves were driven into the hall for the aristocrats' enjoyment. Many men and women were bent to the table, sucked and fucked. There was not much screaming as the vampire venom has aphrodisiac effects, and most slaves succumbed to the ineffable pleasure after a brief moment of resistance.

Lucius sat next to Dorian and watched the scene of debauchery and cruelty with a dark, cold expression. And his displeasure didn't escape Dorian's notice.

"What's wrong?" Dorian asked when he found a break from all the lords and ladies.

"If I'm not your consort, I would have been him," Lucius said as he pointed to a sex slave that looked notably similar to him, with ginger hair, light brown eyes and a pale, slim body, and that young man was particularly popular that night and was penetrated by two lords at the same time, while been drunk by three, many others were surrounding him like vultures, waiting for their turn. Lucius sneered, "I can see what your lords and ladies were actually thinking when they talked to me."

Dorian recognized the resemblance, and rage fumed in the depth of his dark eyes. He immediately ordered guards to take that slave away from the hall, disregarding the lords' frustration.