Chapter 12 The Guardians

Before Dorian's apprehension grew further, Lucius kneeled next to Dorian, leaning in closer, brushed his hair away and bared his neck.

"Come on, drink." Lucius urged.

Such a compliant and submissive posture sent a rush of excitement to Dorian's lower abdomen. The taste of Lucius's blood, though different from Julian's refreshing and soothing smell, was still unique and alluring. It had a mixed sweetness of vanilla and orange, plus a bit of ginger's spiciness, a surprisingly addictive flavor.

He pulled Lucius toward him, grabbed his hair, and bit down hard at that soft, pale skin. Lucius let out a low whimper but didn't struggle at all. Sweet and vigorous blood poured into the vampire's mouth and warmed his throat, and life flourished once again within Dorian's withering body.

Every nerve in Dorian's body fired up, and each cell rejuvenized. Dorian sucked so hard that it left a deep purple mark on Lucius's neck, but he couldn't care. His dick was extremely hard, and he felt about to have the climax of his life. He drank and drank and drank and never felt so ravenous and satisfied at the same time.

Meanwhile, Lucius completely succumbed to the aphrodisiac effect of vampire venom. As his blood flooded out of him, the arousing tingling and the fire of excitement spread to the end of every nerve. His eyes rolled to the back of his head and moaned uncontrollably, and he pressed his body closer to his predator, feeling the fraction between their flesh and the cloth in between, wanting more, albeit it would eventually kill him.

After a while, Lucius felt it was getting colder and colder, and the world around him grew darker. He pushed Dorian weakly, trying to tell him that he was reaching the limit. But Dorian didn't respond. The vampire was completely seized by his desire.

"Dorian..." Lucius pleaded, "please...It's too much..."

And as Dorian didn't stop, Lucius vaguely thought such death was not so horrible.

Fortunately, a sliver of rational thinking returned to Dorian's mind as his hunger partially satiated. He realized Lucius's body had gone limp in his arms, and he jolted awake and released the delicious neck. Lucius was barely awake, and all colors were gone from his face.

"I'm sorry...I lost control...." Dorian held Lucius tighter, trying to give him some more warmth, "stay with me, don't fall asleep."

"It's so cold," Lucius whispered. His consciousness gradually sank into a void.

"I know." Dorian closed his wounded wings around them, and some of the blisters were already starting to heal as fresh blood replenished him, "just a bit longer, and I can fly us to somewhere safe."

"I'm afraid you can't."

A third voice interjected and startled the crown prince.

**********

Lucius was in a dream.

He was around 19 years old, sitting in the church with Julian and his parents, listening to the archpriest's sermon. Everyone around him was listening with rapt attention, especially Julian. But Lucius never found those homiletic scripture stories interesting. He'd rather surreptitiously observe other aristocratic members, amuse himself by judging their attires and appearance, and imagine what kind of depravity they were enjoying back home.

Therefore, he didn't notice when the light outside the window faded, how all the ambient sound that always filled a crowded space ceased, and that the archpriest raised his head and looked at him directly.

"Some say twins are one person's soul split into two, one divine, the other evil. Which one are you, Lucius?"

Lucius snapped his attention back to the podium. The archpriest peered at him ominously, and his shadow grew bigger and longer behind him, shielding the sacred Eye of God. And it did not match the priest's shape. Multiple giant horns were extruding from the shadow's head, and myriads of wiggling tentacles spread toward the edges of the church.