Chapter 41 Brothers

Julian didn't change much, except he was not wearing his usual high priest white robe but a regular jacket, jeans and boots, obviously disguising himself as an ordinary tourist. If not for the different clothing and shorter hair, he was like a mirror image of Lucius.

Another person stood beside him. A tall, handsome man with lustrous black skin and the body between a soldier and a supermodel. That was Julian's bodyguard Isaiah Lewis.

Julian gazed at Lucius with a sea of roaring feelings surging in the depth of his hazel irises, and his lips trembled a little. And the next moment, he dashed forward and hugged Lucius tightly.

"I finally found you, brother!"

Lucius was still in shock, and it took him a few seconds longer to return the embrace. His eyes darted to Dorian, and the latter produced a conflicted look.

Lucius pulled a little distance between himself and Julian and gingerly scanned over his twin brother, ensuring he was safe and unscathed.

"What the hell are you doing here?" That was the first thing a dumbfounded Lucius said to his twin brother.

"I heard that you are going to come to Esmore, so I come to see you."Julian grabbed Lucius's hand so tight as if fearing he was going to run off, "They didn't allow me to see you before they sent you away, and they wouldn't give me any way to contact you. So I thought, this is my best chance to see you after a whole year."

"Are you out of your mind?!" Lucius snapped. He glowered at Lewis, "And you allowed him to do this?!"

Lewis shrugged, "it was either he ran away by himself, or I came with him."

"Did the Churches know about this?"

Lewis scoffed and replied with another sarcastic figurative question: "Would they ever allow a High Priest to come to a vampire-friendly country?"

"They kept a close eye on me for a whole year, keeping me hidden from all eyes, and only relaxed a little recently. I was on vacation because of some...ailments. The lodge had fewer guards than Celestine Palace, so we found a chance to leave without causing too much ruckus. I thought I could pretend to be you. Turns out, Prince Dorian already knew..."Julian glanced at Dorian quickly.

Lucius couldn't tell what he was feeling at the moment. On the one hand, he missed Julian terribly, though he never mentioned it to anyone. Probably because he was deeply wounded when Julian didn't even come to say goodbye before he departed, not even a phone call...but now it turned out Julian didn't have a choice.

Even though he often felt that Julian stole their parent's love from him, Lucius still loved his twin brother greatly. The profound bond between twin brothers is ineffable and incomprehensible to people who don't have a twin.

On the other hand, it was too dangerous for Julian to be in a foreign land with only one bodyguard. And the danger was not only coming from vampires or any other powers. As the only known true prophet at the present time, he was too precious to Anthor, both symbolically and pragmatically, and Anthor's government must be in panic and turmoil once they found Julian was missing, which could lead to disastrous consequences.

Moreover, why did Silvan say he left a present for Lucius in his room? Did Silvan make contact with Julian? At this point, Lucius surmised that Silvan knew about their switched identities, or suspected it. The vampire decided to keep the secret probably because he would use it against Lucius and Dorian later.

And finally, there was the delicate and complicated relationship between Lucius, Julian, and Dorian. After almost a year and all the crazy shits they had been through, Lucius finally was a little sure that Dorian had some feelings for him, and now...