Chapter 49 Did It All Mean Nothing?

The Labyrinth of Mahoraga dispersed around the trapped vampires and werewolves like a mirage, and as everyone looked at each other in confusion, Julian exclaimed and ran to a dark figure.

Dorian disappeared before everyone's eyes only several minutes ago. But now he was kneeling in the middle of the empty field where the sanctuary stood moments ago. To everyone's astonishment, two giant wings spread behind him, much bigger than his original wings, and were covered with layers of beautiful black feathers with a lustrous emerald sheen. They were such magnificent wings that the mere sight of them was enough to induce venerable feelings in the viewer's heart.

Serena gaped in awe, "Those wings...they look so much like Azreal'."

Volke was also astonished by the new development, but he had to focus on ordering his soldiers to maintain control over the vampires, though it seemed like all of Silvan's soldiers were also overawed by the Death Angel's wings.

Silvan, completely paralyzed by the poison now and lifted from the ground by two werewolves, also gazed at his brother. A gleaming, acidulous light in his eyes that looked almost like gloating. He knew his brother well and could imagine how Dorian felt when the price he paid for those wings was his consort.

Florian stood not too far, and his dark eyes were burning with a frigid, controlled anger.

"Is it worth it?"The ex-hunter spoke quietly, earning a curious look from Volke, who stood near him,

As Julian approached, he felt a tingling on his skin. An ineffable energy buzzed in the air, radiating from the stationary vampire prince. His countenance was hidden in the shadow of several strands of front hair. Julian crouched down gingerly and called in a whisper, "Don?"

Dorian didn't reply, didn't move.

Julian tentatively put a hand on Dorian's shoulder, feeling that vibrating energy goes through his body like an electrical current.

"Are you ok? Are you hurt?" Julian inquired worriedly.

"Leave me alone."Dorian's voice sounded hollow and exhausting.

"Please..."Julian said sorrowfully, "I know how much pain you are feeling now, but don't push me away."

"..."

"We have to leave...it's not safe here."

"I'm not leaving without him," Dorian said, "I will wait."

"Wait for what? He won't come back." Tears glided down Julian's cheek. He gently held Dorian's hand in his palms and continued, "He sacrificed himself so that we can live."

"I have to fix this..."Dorian finally rosed his face, and the emptiness in his eyes pang Julian.

"We need to move." Volke said as he approached them, "Before the Elder has other ideas."

But Dorian was not responding to anything. Eventually, Julian stood up and said, "I will stay with him here for a while. We can meet back in the town."

Lewis heard his words and signed, knowing he had to stay in to protect Julian. He glanced over at Florian curiously, "You look familiar. Are you the vampire hunter Florian Edelstein?"

Florian said, "Unfortunately, yes."

"Gosh, everyone thought you were dead!" Lewis's face lit up with mild excitement and interest, "how did you end up here?"

"I serve the Crown Prince Consort," Florian said flatly.

"So...what's your plan now?"Lewis said cautiously, "Your master is gone. I don't suppose you will want to return to Eternia?"