Forty Three

5 October 2020Harry Styles

5 October 2020
Harry Styles

My angel was brought to me trembling, tears rolling down her cheeks while coated in deep crimson blood. She was tainted with the red liquid, it coated her skin, her face and was matted into her brown curls as it began to dry.

Zayn was beside her, his arm loosely around her waist as he guided her deeper into my bedroom. His fingers were against her bump, aware of her pregnancy which scared me because he was against me getting so deep with her - he was terrified I'd love her.

And now I've married her and she's expecting my baby.

I was shocked when they entered my room, it hadn't even been an hour since I dropped her and Niall at the house yet something clearly had happened in such a short amount of time. Neither of them said anything, he just slowly led her into my room and with each of their steps my anxiety increased.

"Angel? What's going on?" My instant need to feel her safe in my arms took over, taking her from Zayn and placing my palms on her blood stained cheeks to stare into her honey eyes.

She looks disconnected, her eyes are no longer windows to her soul, they're blank and destroyed.

What the fuck happened to Angel?

"Maura..." she whispers through her chapped dry lips, barely moving them to speak to me.

My heart plummets into the depth of my chest, lips parting with a shocked breath as I flick my eyes up to look at Zayn whose lips are dipped down in anguish.

I tuck her matted hair behind her ears when she looks down between us, lifting her chin up for her dishevelled attention. "What happened to Maura, Angel?"

The most heartbreaking sob rips up her throat, sending goosebumps across my skin instantly. She drops her forehead against my chest, distraught cries leaving her fragile body - it feels like my heart is being stabbed hearing her upset like this.

My arms go around her, bringing her in close to me in the hopes I can heal some of her traumas while my eyes go to Zayn who is just looking at her sadly.

He sighs deeply, looking up at me. "Maura's gone."

Emersyn sobs harder, clinging desperately to my clothes. My hand smoothes down the back of her head, trying to soothe her but it's evidently hard when she's lost someone she held so close to her heart.

"W-what..?"

"I'm not sure what's happened but I know who did it..." Zayn gives me a look and I don't need to be smart to know it was her own husband who took her life. It's always been Niall's biggest fear, he's been desperately trying to protect his mother - that's why they moved here.

"Is Niall okay? What the fuck are we going to do about him? We can't just let him get away with this shit." I begin to rant, clinging to Emersyn harder.