One

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

16 June 2020Emersyn Ripley

16 June 2020
Emersyn Ripley

Poised and polite.

What my family lives by.

Keep to yourself, converse with our circle and don't do anything stupid.

I'm considered Daddy's little angel, the picture perfect daughter who could do no wrong.

When, however, I'm the complete opposite of what I'm thought of. I'm just intelligent and I don't get caught out of place.

Reckless and fun.

That's what I live by.

It's incredibly thrilling. I run the risk of being caught but I never have and I never plan to.

I know what I'm doing.

Emersyn Jane isn't who people think she is.

I sit at events with my family, smiling away and acting perfectly for their pleasure but it'll never be who I am. One day I'll inherit everything from my parents and I'll be passing it straight down to my younger brother, Koen.

He'd appreciate that, I'd send the business to hell.

My parents have tried so hard to mould me into someone I am not, it's exhausting but thankfully I've mastered the trick of faking it all. They have no idea I don't care, well, maybe a slight idea.

I've got a year until I start gaining control of things in this family, right now I'm at the bottom of the food chain around here. Koen gets more privileges than me and he's fourteen, he actually gets an amazing education, school friends, trips abroad without family and I get none of that.

A gentle knock on my bedroom door has me walking out of my bathroom, fiddling with the back of my pearl earring to make sure it's secure before sliding on some black heels on my way over to the white doors.

Before I can reach the door, it opens and Koen's head peeps through. I raise my brows as he grins at me, "mum sent me to get you, the party started thirty minutes ago."

"If you're going to knock, you have to wait for me to answer, else there's no point." I completely ignore everything he's said.

He rolls his eyes, "Em, shut up and get downstairs before dad kills us both."

Pursing my lips out I turn to my vanity, scanning through the different lipstick shades before settling on red and yanking the lip off. I apply the lipstick to my lips, knowing Koen is still standing waiting for me to actually listen to him.

Who actually listens to their little brother anyway?

I roll my lips together to make sure the lipstick is evenly distributed before I look back at my brother, "so what? Let him kill us, death sounds way more fun than whatever is happening downstairs."