Fourteen

Warning: implications of non-consensual sex

❀Warning: implications of non-consensual sex❀

27 June 2020
Emersyn Ripley

Sitting with my feet kicked up, watching happy couples spin and smile on the dance floor has become my hobby for the past thirty minutes. The music has gotten louder, intensified massively for the purpose of the people dancing, even Niall found a dance partner in my mother.

He's a little drunk and she'll accept a dance from anyone, my dad found it amusing watching them both which was good because I wouldn't want Niall getting in trouble.

There's a horrible feeling in my stomach because Harry disappeared after the auction ended. I kept trying to subtly glance at him but I must have looked away for too long because he was suddenly gone, blending into the crowds of people.

It's nerve wracking knowing he's somewhere in here, I feel like I'm being watched, goosebumps all over my skin on high alert but eerily relaxed because the eyes on me are looking out for me.

Yet, him being able to see me when my eyes can't find him makes my throat feel tight.

It's almost thrilling.

With a glass of wine in hand, leather jacket slung over the chair with my black heels resting on the edge of the chair that Niall was previously sitting on, I admire the way everyone moves together in perfect sync.

It's mesmerising under the artificial lights, the room gets prettier as darkness takes over outside. The garden is lit up by little lights, I can see them out the large windows swirled around the tall trees and weaved into the bushes.

I'd get married in this venue, at night with the entire place lit up by fairy lights or maybe even in the gardens. There's so much about this place that resonates with me, the walls bring me peace, the lights bring me comfort.

Peace and comfort are about the only two things I crave nowadays. Maybe Harry Styles is a third and I think life would be a simple breeze, too easy for me, I was born into chaos.

In my dreams life is simpler, I live somewhere in Italy, a home with a balcony that has gorgeous views. I'd sit out there to watch the sunset every night with a glass of wine in my hand and someone who loves me right by my side.

It's the most beautiful dream, relaxing and blissful.

With a gentle sigh, I tip my glass back so the final drops of red wine slide down my throat with ease. I sit the glass down on the white table cloth covered table, looking back out at the dancing crowds.

My eyes land on an anomaly.

Standing out between all the dancing bodies is Harry, entirely still with his eyes pinned on mine, he doesn't seem fazed by the people weaving around him. He simply tilts his head to the side, a cheeky smirk spreading over his lips knowing he has my full attention.