Thirty One*

24 July 2020Emersyn Styles

24 July 2020
Emersyn Styles

The soft melody of gentle guitar strings is a unique way to wake up but as soon as I heard Harry's talented fingers move delicately against the old instrument I knew there was no way I could just sleep through it. I never want to ignore the talent he keeps buried.

Instead, I pretend to stay asleep, shuffling across the mattress to be closer to his angelic state. If my eyes were open I know that in the early morning sunlight he'd look like an angel. The rays always hit his skin perfectly, accentuating the faded ink embedded in his skin mixed with the sharp lines of my lips right above one of the swallows.

Today happens to be different, his voice begins to mix in with the soft strumming of the strings and as soon as he begins to sing my eyes slowly peel open in surprise despite being extremely exhausted.

"Put a price on emotion... I'm looking for something to buy..."

The rasp mixed with the softness builds my heart; the raw emotions emitting from his voice selfishly shatters it.

I expected more lyrics to follow but he leisurely strums the same tune over and over like he's robotically programmed to only play those notes. My eyes admire his sharp features in the morning sun, the glow brought to them looks ethereal and there's no way I could ever look away.

Sculpted by gods, he's always been art in my eyes.

The soft music creates the most delicate atmosphere throughout the bedroom, it's just what I needed after the few days of chaos that I've had. Life seems to throw me curveballs when Harry's not beside me, like a punishment from our souls who want us together despite the pressure from the stars to keep us apart.

When he plays the final note on his guitar I know the bliss of this morning is over, that now we're going to have to talk properly for the first time in a few days. I continue to watch him with my head tilted back on the white pillow, feeling Buddy still curled up above my head as he stretches his tiny body out.

"Angel looks so beautiful this morning." The softness coats his voice like it's laced with the sweetest honey, moving the guitar from his lap and discarding it onto the floor before finally drawing his gaze onto me.

My lips morph into a smile, "good morning."

The bed moves as he shifts his weight to lay back down, our faces level on the pillows and he leans in, gently brushing the tip of his nose against mine affectionately. "I've missed my Angel sleeping in my arms."

Our faces are inches apart, keeping his nose pressed gently against mine so we're close. All I've craved is this, the warmth, the affection and the love that radiates off of his body, it's healing.

I reach for his face, tracing my finger down his defined but delicate features. "I've missed this... I've missed you." The way his skin is so soft under my touch feels like tiny sparks of electricity pulse through my body, igniting the feelings deep in my chest.