Six

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

21 June 2020Harry Styles

21 June 2020
Harry Styles

There's a soft breeze blowing against my face, my body incredibly warm but a comforting warmth. A safe feeling, encased by a blanket of protective heat but the glow of the sun coming through the window warms my face and forces my eyes open.

My vision is a little blurry, blinking my eyes repeatedly to try and figure out what's going on only makes me realise that Emersyn is still here and she's curled into my chest, clinging to my jumper with one of her hands.

I'm surprised she's still here, I expected her to sneak off during the night before I woke up. She strikes me as someone who would but at the same time as someone who'd be loud about it, wake me up and embarrass herself.

There's a few seconds of processing, my eyes darting between her, the bouquet of daisies in a vase now sitting pretty on my bedside table and then to Bear who's curled up behind her with his chin resting on her thigh.

He really likes her, dogs can sense people's kindness and I think him cuddling up to Emersyn proves how beautifully souled she truly is despite how much she tries to hide it.

There's something about her that just radiates this purity, this sweet nature and she'll never be able to change that. I'm addicted to her kind side, I hope one day that'll be her only side because it's so extremely beautiful.

Blowing out a happy sigh, I gently drum my fingertips against her spine, smiling as she moves in her sleep and her face morphs into a pout. The frown that appears on her face makes my cheeks ache from smiling so hard, she's so effortlessly admirable.

Carefully, I tuck some of her fallen hair behind her ear, making sure to keep my movements slow so I don't wake her up. I'm worried she'll freak out but I also hope she stays for just a bit longer so I can spend time with her while she's awake.

There's a lot I want to tell her, so many things I have to speak to her about and want her to know. There were years of friendship that were lost, that got wrecked all because of lies her father feeds her.

I don't think she's quite realised how much I thought about her, how much I didn't want to leave her here when I moved to Italy. I've been terrified for her, I spent years in Italy thinking about her well-being, hers and Koen's.

She's beginning to get sucked into it now, she'll be forced to marry that weird fucking creep from her birthday event and that'll be it, there will be no escape then.

Her husband will gain control over her, men treat their wives like property that'll help them flourish in Max's business. It's sick, disgusting and makes me feel ill. Cordelia, Em's mother, isn't someone I feel sorry for, she's just as bad as Max and I know that.

You wouldn't expect her to be so hands on and involved in what's going on but she secretly is and knowing her hands have done what they've done and also held something as delicate as a newborn baby really throws me through a loop.