Fifty Nine

Warning
Violence and blood

❀Warning❀Violence and blood

A week later
Harry Styles

The wind whips through her brunette hair as she leans into the gust, her window down enough to bring the breeze strongly through the car. She's concentrating deeply on the outside world that flies by while her leg bounces in worry, my hand remains attached to her thigh but I don't think it's enough to comfort her.

She's gazing out at the sky, possibly mesmerised by the stars that struggle to penetrate through the thick clouds in this country. The skies in Italy were always so clear, we could sit on the beach every night and be able to count the millions of  pretty stars twinkling in the sky, she was always in awe of them.

Hopefully they push through for her, it's our first hour back in England and I think the stars bring her a strong sense of tranquillity that she desperately needs tonight. She's incredibly nervous, she couldn't keep herself relaxed throughout the entire duration of the flight, just sat there with Oakley in her arms silently.

It worries me seeing her so quiet but this is all a massive change in our lives, we're going back to somewhere that holds sadder memories and as much as she doesn't want to ever go back she feels compelled to.

We had a very long talk the night Niall and Koen showed up, discussing what we wanted to do about this situation. We could just leave it, get the people we love out there but then it's a waiting game until our location is found out, until someone lets it slip to the wrong person.

I think our decision was already made for us, we feel drawn to make things right back where we grew up but especially Emersyn due to the guilt that floods her mind after the decisions we've made in the past few months. She's been really worried, stressed and I think she needs her mind freed from this consuming guilt.

Oakley helped her stay calm, she fed on the plane which made Emersyn shut her eyes for a brief amount of time, it was about all the peace she gained from the entire flight. Koen and Niall flew back yesterday, staying at my parents where they promised to wait for us - we can't communicate with them until we next see them, which shouldn't be long.

I think that's why she's so nervous.

I requested Niall let my parents know we were on our way back just so they had a heads up and were not incredibly shocked to see us walk through the door. I don't think Emersyn could deal with the extremely heightened emotions that would bring, at least not tonight. She'll probably want to cuddle with my mum and dad quickly before she goes to bed, I imagine she's exhausted physically and mentally.

My poor Angel.

She continues to stare mindlessly out the window, wind still blowing her hair around her face until she starts to recognise our surroundings and clearly begins to worry, putting her window up fully before leaning her temple against the glass. I sigh, putting my own window up just in case she's worrying about it.