Thirteen

27 June 2020Emersyn Ripley

27 June 2020
Emersyn Ripley

"Twirl."

I spin, grinning to show Niall my outfit at his request. It's just a simple brown dress, quite short but covers enough of my breasts that my parents won't be mad. Tonight is an event that's a lot larger than the ones at my house, they're monthly auctions for charity.

My parents arrange it all, making sure everyone gets involved and raising as much money as possible to help other people. It's always been the event I look forward to, my parents stay away from me most of the night and I can get away with sneaking off for a little bit.

Niall and I are currently cooped up in my bedroom getting ready while we wait for the limos to arrive that'll be escorting us to the venue. It's a gorgeous building, I adore the detailing, the golds, the atmosphere, there's a live band playing soft music, people always dancing and conversing.

"It needs something else." He informs me, climbing up from his relaxed position on my bed and heading into my closet. Buddy sits on the bed watching where he's disappeared to.

I've easily reconnected with Niall during the few days he's been here, I have a lot of trust in him purely because we were friends years ago. When I came back from Harry's I told Niall what had happened with my mirror and he offered to clean it off so I didn't have to see it again.

We really get along and it's nice to have someone around my age as a friend and around the house, our parents are always busy doing stuff so we're just left to our own devices. Yesterday we baked some cupcakes, he threw flour at me which I did not appreciate so now I'm simply waiting to get him back.

He walks out of my closet, "this'll do it." Black material comes flying over at me which thankfully I catch in my hands, holding it in front of me and realising it's a leather blazer that's about as long as my dress.

I slide my arms through the holes, adjusting the way my hair sits down my body, loose curls that Niall watched me do and laughed when I burnt myself with the wand. There's rich gold jewellery laying on my skin, a simple necklace resting on my chest with a few gold rings on my fingers to dress my hands up along with my red acrylic nails I treated myself to yesterday.