Thirty

The same nightHarry Styles

The same night
Harry Styles

Juliet: baby are you home yet? xx

I sigh, looking at her sweet message knowing she's desperately missing me and there's nothing I can do to help because she can't know what I'm hiding from her. Secrets are better buried six feet under sometimes.

Me: not yet Angel, I'm gonna be a few more hours I'm sorry xx

Guilt floods me for blowing her off once again, watching her read the message but a bubble never appears to indicate she's going to reply. I look up at Zayn and Zara, arguing like an old married couple except she's holding a gun in his direction and he's frantically trying to undo the lock so she doesn't shoot him.

The gravel crunches under my feet to catch up with them, the bickering growing louder in my ears.

"Turn it the other way, shithead!"

"I'm trying! It's not working!"

"The other fucking way!"

He aggressively turns it the opposite way, "see it's not fu-!" The lock clicks and he shuts up immediately.

"See I fucking told you." She throws her arms in the air, the gun swinging around near Zayn's head which has him cowering down to avoid getting shot.

I roll my eyes, grasping Zara's wrist to draw it down wanting to avoid anyone getting fucking shot tonight other than the people that need it. "You two need to shut the fuck up, you're gonna draw attention."

They both look at me, Zara leaning more into her boyfriend's side. "What's up with miserable face?"

He leans closer to her, whispering, "he misses Emmy."

Her face morphs into realisation but before she can open her mouth and start being all affectionate grandmother on me I talk. "I feel fucking guilty that I married her and then haven't seen her since Vegas, she's missing me and I've been so busy doing all this behind her back."

I look back down at my phone and type out another message because I feel awful, Zara stepping beside me and looking over my shoulder. "Yeah that's good, add a little heart and send it." She assures me.

Me: I'll make it up to you sweet girl, I miss you more than you know and I'm so sorry that I've been so busy <3

She replies quickly and I smile as soon as the speech bubbles form her sweet words.

Juliet: It's okay Angel, maybe tomorrow? Xx

Me: I'll spend all day with you tomorrow, I promise xx

She doesn't respond but I make a plan to hold her in bed all day, relishing in the warmth of her body with her skin on mine while peppering loving kisses over her entire body to show her how much I adore her.